9 thoughts on “Calm Down! 30 Relaxing Songs to Help You Chill Out While Driving

• January 11, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Willin – Lowell George – Little Feat
    Willin – Linda Ronstadt
    Everybody’s Talkin – Nilsson – Midnight Cowboy
    The Road to Ensenada – Lyle Lovett

• January 15, 2014 at 10:32 am

Sailing by Christopher cross.

• January 17, 2014 at 11:07 am

I hate taking my kids to school in the morning, bc the drop is soooo crazy and has thrown me into a full panic attack before, and believe it or not, upbeat old school jams really make me smile and get through that traffic without thinking about the rage I am usually feeling. (ex: “Let me clear my throat”, “This is how we do it”, “Shoop”)

• January 12, 2015 at 9:00 pm

Hi Alicia,

You’ve put some great songs into your list… some of Norah Jones’ songs are very calming and relaxing.

Some instrumental relaxation and calming music songs perhaps in the genre of “new age” can be beautifully relaxing too.

Thanks for the excellent suggestions.

Matthew.

• March 10, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Some great songs on this list! You should also check out anything from Thievery Corporation. They mix so many genres from chillout to trip hop and reggae.

• April 8, 2015 at 10:58 am

Great point! I definitely enjoy some Thievery Corporation. Thanks for adding it, Nomad!

• October 27, 2015 at 3:56 pm

Perhaps ‘Father and daughter’ BY Paul Simon. It’s a beautiful song from the lyrics to the acoustics

• March 16, 2017 at 2:12 pm

If you like relaxing music I highly recommend music by The Brehms, especially their new song Holiday