Yes, I know they’re all too common, but I have to admit I love year-end round-up posts. They give me a chance to look back and see what made my readers tick, and they give you a chance to catch up on some of the most popular posts of the year!
Based on Google Analytics, social media reports, and good ol’ fashioned comments, below are the Top 12 Your Body, Your Mind Posts of 2014.
- How to Choose Your Mantra for 2014 (January) — Forget New Year’s Resolutions. Here, I talk about choosing mantras not only help you survive, but also help you thrive, throughout the year.
- Top 10 Healthy Valentine’s Day Activities for Couples (February) — From bike riding and camping to gym memberships and yoga, here are 10 ways you and your partner can get your love on.
- My First 108 Sun Salutations Experience: Spring Equinox Version (March) — It wasn’t the physical exercise that stuck around; it was the mental focus on what I need to let go and practice of letting go.
- Tattoos and Personality: What Does Your Body Art Say About You? (April) — Boy, this one sure stirred up some controversy! Be sure to check out the comments!
- Yoga Lessons: The More You Resist, the More It Persists (May) — “Don’t fight any thoughts that arise. Observe them, then let them pass.”
- 5 Ways to Celebrate the Summer Solstice (June) — You don’t have to participate in the 108 Sun Salutations to celebrate summer!
- Best Yoga Music: 20 Non-Traditional Yoga Songs to Get Your Downward Dog On (July) — I think my favorite for yoga might be Ziggy Marley’s “Love Is My Religion.” What’s yours?
- I Hocked My First Loogie While Running (and Why You Should Care) (August) — Not as gross as it sounds…I promise!
- 7 Simple Ways You Can Get Involved in Your Community (September) — How a local music festival left me waxing poetic about community involvement.
- I Want to Look Better Naked! (October) — The (un)surprising popular reason people tell me they want to get in shape.
- How My Late Father’s Death Helped Keep Me Alive (November) — For me, definitely the most important message I — with the help of my father — delivered all year.
- Calm Down! 30 Relaxing Songs to Help You Chill Out While Driving (December) — An especially important read for those of us prone to road rage. Which song(s) would you add to the list?
Thanks for making it a great year, and here’s to an even better 2015!