Journaling is a healthy way to express how we’re feeling—and, sometimes, discover how we’re feeling. Ideally, journaling is time we spend by ourselves exploring our inner most thoughts—those that we don’t always feel comfortable sharing with others (or sometimes even with ourselves).
Below are 10 journaling prompts to help you dive a little deeper into your mind and body consciousness. Although journaling can take any route, I’ve chosen to provide ways to positively explore your minds and bodies.
So, grab a cup of Joe, your favorite quite corner, and get ready to put pen to paper (or fingers to keys—whatever the case may be!)
1. Today, I am grateful my body allowed me to _____; because of that, I was able to _____.
2. I am satisfied with my _____ because it allows me to _____.
3. When I practice mindfulness, I experience _____ which helps me to _____.
4. Today, I felt _____ because _____ so I _____.
5. The most positive thought I had today was _____.
6. I don’t pay attention to _____ because _____ and that makes me feel/behave _____.
7. One person who inspires me is _____ because s/he _____.
8. Meditation really helps me put _____ into perspective.
9. I want to start practicing _____ because _____.
10. One positive mind/body change I’d like to make is _____ because _____.
Feel free to use these prompts however you see fit. Maybe you’ll turn one or two into pages worth of thoughts; maybe just writing the sentence and filling in the blanks will be enough to get you thinking. Perhaps you’d even like to write one each day for the next 10 days. It’s entirely up to you.