Happy Friday, dear readers!
Indeed, it’s a happy one for me, because as you read this I’m packing for my first Dave Matthews Band show of 2014.
(Or, depending on when you read this, I’m coming down from my DMB rush!)
When I ordered my tickets for this show, I went with regular lawn seating.
Over the years, I’ve had tickets in the lawn, I’ve had tickets for seats (some good seats, some not-so-good seats) and even tickets in the pit. However, I’ve found some of my favorite shows have been those during which I didn’t have seats.
Because I don’t like to sit during the shows.
I like to dance.
Any why shouldn’t I? Why shouldn’t any of us? After all, dancing not only gives you a great workout — including working your muscles such as those in your arms, legs, and core — but also it can help boost your happiness and overall mental health.
I thought I’d leave you this weekend with a few quotes about dancing. Who knows? Maybe you’ll boogie down, too!
- “Dancing is like dreaming with your feet!” — Constanze
- “There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them.” — Vicki Baum
- “Stifling an urge to dance is bad for your health — it rusts your spirit and your hips.” — Terri Guillemets
- “The truest expression of a people is in its dance and in its music. Bodies never lie.” — Agnes de Mille
- “Dancing is the poetry of the foot.” — John Dryden
- “Dancing is moving to the music without stepping on anyone’s toes, pretty much the same as life.” — Robert Brault
- “To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful.” — Agnes De Mille
- “Dancing is the world’s favorite metaphor.” — Kristy Nilsson
- “Music begins to atrophy when it departs too far from the dance.” — Ezra Pound
- “Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals.” — Charles Baudelaire
- “To watch us dance is to hear our hearts speak.” — Hopi Indian Saying
- “I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what it too deep to find for words.” — Ruth St. Denis
How about YOU, readers? What does dancing do for YOU?