I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like almonds, and if I do, they’ve kept it a secret from me–as they should.
I LOVE ALMONDS.
Mostly, because hello, they’re delicious, BUT there are plenty of health reasons, too, and some of them are specific to our brains.
They’re packed with Vitamin E, riboflavin, and L-carnitine so they can help boost brain activity and slow cognitive decline; they’re alkaline forming which can help increase your energy; and some say almonds can help prevent neurological conditions.
So, how do you go about adding these little crunchy bits of magic to your diet? You don’t have to be a culinary genius, that’s for sure.
Ideas for Adding Almonds to Your Diet
You can get the benefits of almonds simply by:
- Grabbing a handful of raw almonds for your midday snack.
- Add chopped almonds to your salad.
- Toss some almonds into a homemade trail mix with dark chocolate and your favorite dehydrated fruit.
- Top your oatmeal with sliced or chopped almonds.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds on any ol’ baked dish, from casseroles to cakes.
So, tell me how much YOU love almonds, and share some ways you add almonds to your diet!