Meditation Minute: Musing On Gratitude, Relationships, and Peace
Do I have any American readers today, or is everyone still lolling about in a tryptophan haze?
Actually, I’m sort of hoping that’s the case; the holidays can be so stressful, so if you’re relaxing today (and not out fighting the Black Friday crowds – *shudder*), good for you.
If you’re not…well, I have a few quotes that I think might help you de-stress and relax as you wind down from the Thanksgiving festivities – however successful or stressful they might have been.
Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius said, “Nowhere can man find a quieter or more untroubled retreat than in his own soul.”
So, take a few moments (or longer) for yourself this weekend. Find a calm, quiet place where you can relax without being interrupted, and meditate on a few of these notions.
- Giving Thanks: “Thanksgiving has wings and goes where it must go. Your prayer knows much more about it than you do.” – Victor Hugo
- Family: “The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.” – Thomas Jefferson
- Friendships: “A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.” – Douglas Pagels
- Peace: “Let us love the world to peace.” – Eileen Elias Freeman
- Relationships: “Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That’s why it’s a comfort to go hand in hand.” – Emily Kimbrough
- Gratitude: “Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone.” – G.B. Stern
- Meditation: “Quiet the mind and the soul will speak.” – Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
- Love: “The hardest-learned lesson: That people have only their kind of love to give, not our kind.” – Mignon McLaughlin
What are some of your favorite quotes? Which ones help you relax, de-stress, and gain perspective? Share with us in the comments below!
Sparks, A. (2012). Meditation Minute: Musing On Gratitude, Relationships, and Peace. Psych Central. Retrieved on February 28, 2017, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/your-mind/2012/11/meditation-minute-musing-on-gratitude-relationships-and-peace/