10 thoughts on “Tracking Your Mood? There’s an App for That!

• September 22, 2015 at 10:00 am

Just wanted to let the author know that the iMoodJournal is no longer free. It is $1.00.

• September 23, 2015 at 12:41 pm

I just went to download the iMoodJournal and it is $2.29

• September 23, 2015 at 2:07 pm

With any list of apps, it’s important to indicate what platform they are on (Android or iOS), and to include apps from both.

• September 23, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Also helps to note the developer along with the app’s name, as there are often many apps with similar names.

• September 23, 2015 at 4:04 pm

I’ve used Optimism for my desktop. It is very detailed but pretty complicated. I guess it depends if you want all of that detail or just something very quick and easy to fill out. I’m still checking out a few features of it. I’ve found it fairly helpful. I’m anxious to try the other apps out.

• September 23, 2015 at 9:48 pm

DBSA has a Wellness Tracker app that works very well. It is detailed and free.

• September 24, 2015 at 2:23 pm

I’ve used Optimism, and liked it, and found it useful, but that was on my desktop. On my phone, I’m using Moodkit, which looks very old-fashioned but it suits me really very well. Mostly just use the tracker, which has helped me work out what has triggered mood drops. It was also useful for analysing thinking about something that was bothering me, as it walks you through – really helpful, even though I only used that bit once or twice. Made me much more aware of the thought habits I have. I also tried out Moodtrack but didn’t find it anywhere near as useful.

• October 14, 2015 at 6:08 pm

MoodTools – Depression Aid is a good basic app that is worth a look. It is free and doesn’t require you to make an account (information is stored on your phone).

• May 10, 2018 at 10:18 am

Thank you for sharing your feelings on these apps. I was feeling overwhelmed with how many there were and didn’t know how I was going to thin out the selection. But your reviews helped!!

Thanks again!