Comments on
A Lesson In True Beauty

good girls don't get fat, book

“My mother is the kind of woman that people can’t just walk by…She’s beautiful. People stop on the street or crane their heads in restaurants to stare.

10 thoughts on “A Lesson In True Beauty

• March 16, 2011 at 10:40 am

Thank you for sharing this. What a beautiful story, and it really makes me want to read the book. I love what you said about true beauty being about being real and vulnerable – it goes along nicely with Joy’s video post today!

• March 16, 2011 at 11:36 am

@ Katie, thank you! I was just so touched by that story and knew that I had to share it with you guys. It really made me take a step back and do some serious thinking. I just watched Joy’s video and lovvvveeeed it!!!

• March 16, 2011 at 3:36 pm

What a beautiful and inspiring story Margarita! Reading it definitely gave me a new perspective on what real beauty really is.

• March 18, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Such a beautiful story! There truly is so much more to beauty than the way someone looks.

• April 10, 2011 at 10:08 pm

thank you. this is exactly what i needed to hear. its made me remember why i love my mother so much and why i have felt different about my body since moving away from home.

• April 11, 2011 at 11:35 am

@ andrea, you’re welcome! it’s amazing the impact our parents have on how we see ourselves. I’m so glad that your mom has had a positive influence. Thanks for sharing that. πŸ™‚