10 thoughts on “Body Image & Creativity

• January 3, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I love your broadened definition of creativity. I joke that I’m not a creative person, but that’s really a big lie. I’m quite creative, just in my own nontraditional ways! Looking forward to contributing to this month’s series!

• January 4, 2011 at 1:44 am

Thanks, Katie! I also never saw myself as a creative person. I’m excited to see what you come up with!

• January 4, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I’m really nervous about writing about this word because I feel so… uncreative! That might be my angle… 😉

• January 8, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Another fantastic word choice. I think there’s a stigmatism around the word. Only the “greats” are priviliged.

I never believed I was creative either. Not until I allowed myself to believe it and then I let it go.

And, yes, it’s a huge part of self-actualization.

This will be fun! Thanks, Margarita.

• January 9, 2011 at 1:01 pm

@ Janet, thanks! So many of us think that creativity is reserved for a select few but creativity is with us day in and day out. We just have to connect to it sometimes.

• January 8, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Wow, I’m so glad I found your site! I think I’m a creative person, but often doubt the quality of my work. There are many ways to rain on our own parades!
    I’m going to try to do this.
    thanks!

• January 9, 2011 at 12:59 pm

@ Teresa, thank you! I hope you participate in the series. I used to have such self-doubt about being creativity. Finding out that creativity is in our bones has been so freeing and exciting to me.