Comments on
7 Ways to Recognize Beauty

Every Monday features a tip, exercise, inspiring quote or other tidbit to help boost your body image. For many of us, Mondays are tough. We may feel anxious and stressed out,

9 thoughts on “7 Ways to Recognize Beauty

• November 8, 2010 at 11:18 am

Such an interesting take on beauty! I often struggle to see the beauty that surrounds me every day when I’m caught up in my own little worries and anxieties. I agree that visual images are one way to better appreciate the beauty of the everday. My husband plays around with photography, and some of his photos absolutely blow me away. Not just because of how beautiful they are, but also because it allows me to see the world through his eyes instead of my own, a beautiful act in and of itself.

• November 8, 2010 at 1:50 pm

@ Katie, I struggle with it, too, so these blogs are incredibly helpful to me. I love your point about seeing the world through your hubby’s eyes! I’m starting to appreciate photography sooo much and I’m looking into getting a better camera, too, so I can start capturing the beauty of daily life.

• November 8, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Love this. I was sitting outside at midnight and looking at the stars and realizing just how beautiful they were. I honestly am working on seeing it outside all the time. Whether that is a sunset by my beach, a smile from my 4 month old nephew, or a hug from a loved one. So important to see beauty is not limited 🙂

• November 8, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Thanks so much, Kendra! I think we just get so used to our surroundings that we take them for granted, but that’s why stopping and breathing in the true beauty is so important. I think we take ourselves for granted in the same way.

• November 8, 2010 at 3:22 pm

I think this is a very interesting idea. It makes sense that you wouldn’t be able to see the unique beauty in yourself until you can learn to see it in other people, places, and things.

• November 8, 2010 at 3:38 pm

@ Kristine, I think it goes back to the idea that beauty comes in all shapes, sizes and colors. Plus, paying attention to the beauty and wonder all around us makes us more appreciative of life and more grateful. It opens our eyes to individuality. Thanks for your comment. 🙂

• November 9, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Blogger Body Calendar has a project going with good body image portraits being posted that’s worth checking out.

• November 13, 2010 at 9:43 pm

yes! this quest has been so important to me since I started recovering from depression and the ED. keeping my own blog is one of the main ways I make seeing beauty part of my days.