Comments on
Writing a Body Image Memoir

Every Monday features a tip, exercise, inspiring quote or other tidbit to help boost your body image.Β For many of us, Mondays are tough. We may feel anxious and stressed out,

17 thoughts on “Writing a Body Image Memoir

• September 27, 2010 at 11:42 am

J your Blog Manager here – LOVE this post. πŸ™‚

• September 27, 2010 at 2:00 pm

<3 as always. I have heard of this before and as a very wordy person couldnt come down to 6 words πŸ™‚ However here is mine for today:
    Acceptance in life created a life

• September 27, 2010 at 2:10 pm

@ Kendra, I’m totally a wordy person, too! I love your six words. Wow. That’s really beautiful.

• September 27, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Mine today:

Giving up the struggle: worth it.

Listened to me, and that’s all.

My true strength lies deep within.

• September 28, 2010 at 9:11 am

Ashley, these are really powerful. I think my fave is “Listened to me, and that’s all,” because that’s really enough; that’s all we need to do. Thanks for contributing!

• September 27, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Love this! Thank you so much for sharing my post, and I absolutely love your 6-word memoirs. This one’s my favorite: “Refused to have a fat day.”

• September 28, 2010 at 9:15 am

Thanks, Katie! I loved your post. What an awesome idea to apply the six-word memoir concept to healthy living! So inspiring!

• September 28, 2010 at 8:33 am

What a great post. I needed this. I was inspired by medicinal marzipan’s post from this morning for my six words:

Love yourself. Right now. Own it.

• September 28, 2010 at 9:16 am

Alicia, that’s a fantastic memoir! Wow. So uplifting and so true. Thanks so much for reading and stopping by!!

• September 29, 2010 at 3:54 am

I absolutely loved this post, thank you so very much! It is a really inspiring idea and I like the simplicity and that you can try it anywhere, anytime. Your blog is a real source of comfort and motivation for me and I hope you don’t mind if I share the 6-word-body memoirs I came up with.

Still feeling fear. Doing it anyway.
    Harmed myself. Now coping by talking.
    Discovering the beauty in my flaws.
    Accepting unashamedly I am a chatterbox.
    Smiling just because living merits it.
    Can admit I love fries. Without guilt!
    No longer afraid to dream small.

I don’t know if they are much good – but I enjoyed the activity. You made my day πŸ™‚

• September 29, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Gabbi, thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such powerful and beautiful six-word memoirs! You seriously made my day with contributing. These really are amazing. I was going to pick a fave, but I can’t. πŸ™‚

• September 30, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Some more 6-word philosophizing: πŸ˜‰

I am because I am embodied.
    My inseparable (but not whole) self.
    Peace in the tension: body/ mind.
    The body redeemed: terrible to mind.

• October 1, 2010 at 11:36 am

@ missmarymax, these are great! I really appreciate you sharing them! πŸ™‚

• October 4, 2010 at 4:05 am

Mirror screams beauty. I finally believe.