6 thoughts on “A Critical Question to Ask Yourself Before You Do (Almost) Anything

• July 31, 2019 at 8:20 am

Thank you for this! It arrived in my messages at just the right moment..😀

• July 31, 2019 at 11:07 am

Interesting, but surely unrealistic. Implied is the element of choice.
    Is working an en extra shift good for mental health? Probably not. Next question; Are the consequences of refusing to work the extra shift good for my mental health? Definitely not! Which is more detrimental to my mental health? Losing out on needed sleep and eight hours of stress or becoming unemployed? Being dragged out for five days or returning to living in my car?
    Can I find another job? Perhaps, but this is not the time to risk losing mine.

• August 1, 2019 at 5:25 am

Hi Margarita,

Thanks so much for this article, it was a much needed read.

I have a question about the phrase you spoke about fulfilling life. Apart from work, studies, hobbies and meeting my friends I’m not sure what that entails.

Could you please explain how can I assess how meaningful is my life?

• August 1, 2019 at 12:06 pm

Reading this makes me happy in a funny way– ten years ago it would have been EXACTLY what I needed. But nowadays, I basically do this! Except my question has been “Would that person or activity boost my energy or drain my energy?” A 1% drain is still a drain. My energy level is basically what my health and happiness consist of, so learning to defend it has been one of the huge keys to having a life that is more like a LIFE and less like a pile of other people’s burdens.

• August 2, 2019 at 5:14 am

i think about caring “me” yet, I failed. It is difficult to grasp that I need to take good care of myself-it is realy an issue that occassionaly, I hate myself when I realized I hurt myself: physically( when I am in hurry: acciedents happens), emotinally ( I feel I ignored my feeling and mental health was not my priority) and ignoring my emotions ( I feel angry to myself why I allowed such unhealthy manners). I tried to practice what I have learned, however, when I failed,
    I feel it will take time to recover!

• August 22, 2019 at 12:39 pm

Dear Margarita,.
    This is a real big help for what i’m going threw.
    This helps tell me what i need to do more of for myself being around other people or not to be.
    Thank You!