10 Questions to Ask Yourself Every Night
When we sit with ourselves, in silence, even for just a few minutes, we learn so much. Because how often, in a day, do you simply check in with yourself? How often do you sit in complete quiet and ponder how you’re feeling, how your day went, and what you need?
Below are ten questions that will help you do just that. Consider responding to these questions every night in your journal. Even ten minutes can be powerful. Ten minutes without any distractions. Ten minutes without a phone or the TV. Ten minutes without work or chores. Ten minutes of uninterrupted time to simply self-reflect. Ten minutes curled up on the couch. Or sitting at your desk with a candle. Or laying in bed with just your lamp on. Or sitting on the back porch staring at the sky. Ten minutes on your terms. For yourself.
- How do I feel about today?
- What did I learn (whether about myself or something else)?
- What did I really need today?
- Did I provide it?
- Where do I feel tension in my body?
- What was the predominant emotion I experienced today?
- What seems to underlie this emotion?
- Was I kind to myself today?
- If not, can I offer myself some compassion right now?
- What brought me joy, even if it’s a touch, a crumb, a speck of joy?
If these questions don’t resonate with you, write down your own list of ten or five or two questions that you think are important for you to consider every night. Because the key is to connect to yourself and to keep reconnecting every day. The key is to listen. Journaling is one way we can do that.
Photo by Štefan Štefančík.
Tartakovsky, M. (2017). 10 Questions to Ask Yourself Every Night. Psych Central. Retrieved on September 21, 2017, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/weightless/2017/01/10-questions-to-ask-yourself-every-night/