Tomorrow, we’ll be celebrating Thanksgiving in America, a day for counting our blessings (and eating yummy pie!). In honor of that, I’m republishing a piece from last year, which features questions to help us give thanks. To help us rediscover and remember what is meaningful to us — from the super small to the really big. I hope you like them!
- What are the things you use every day that you’re thankful for (anything from your pillow to your journal to your iPhone)? Why?
- Who are the people in your life you can talk to about anything?
- Who are the people in your life who always make you smile?
- Who are the people in your life who always make you laugh and forget your worries?
- What are the fun and meaningful things your body lets you do?
- What are your favorite foods?
- What activities really nourish you?
- What’s on your gratitude alphabet?
- What energizes you?
- What are your favorite places to frequent?
- What’s your favorite part of your day?
- What can’t you live without?
- What has been your best decision this year?
- What do you love about your home?
- What do you love about nature?
- What are your favorite sounds?
- What are your favorite scents?
- What books or blog posts or quotes do you turn to when you need to remember you’re not alone?
- What do you have now that you didn’t in the past that brings you much happiness (love; faith; knowledge about something; a fulfilling job; a newborn)?
Your responses to these questions are all the things you can be grateful for. Every day. And that’s pretty incredible.
If you’re celebrating Thanksgiving, I hope you have a beautiful holiday. And if you’re not, I hope you have a beautiful day. Also, thank you sooo much for reading this blog. I am very grateful.