Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who’s celebrating! So I was away a bit longer than I thought (apparently revising almost 70,000 words takes some time). But we’ll be back to regular programming next week. 🙂
Every year for Thanksgiving I write a post about what I’m grateful for (like last year). This year, however, I’m sharing some questions to help us rediscover and remember what is meaningful to us — from the super small stuff to the really big things. (You guys know by now I’m all about asking questions.)
- What are the things you use every day that you’re thankful for (anything from your pillow to your journal to your iPhone)? Why?
- Who are the people in your life you can talk to about anything?
- Who are the people in your life who always make you smile?
- Who are the people in your life who always make you laugh and forget your worries?
- What are the fun and meaningful things your body lets you do?
- What are your favorite foods?
- What activities really nourish you?
- What’s on your gratitude alphabet?
- What energizes you?
- What are your favorite places to frequent?
- What’s your favorite part of your day?
- What can’t you live without?
- What has been your best decision this year?
- What do you love about your home?
- What do you love about nature?
- What are your favorite sounds?
- What are your favorite scents?
- What books or blog posts or quotes do you turn to when you need to remember you’re not alone?
- What do you have now that you didn’t in the past that brings you much happiness (love; faith; knowledge about something; a fulfilling job; a newborn)?
Your responses to these questions are all the things you can be grateful for. Every day. And that’s pretty incredible.
Thanks so much for reading Weightless! Whether you’re celebrating Thanksgiving or not, I hope you have a beautiful, delicious day.