20 Questions for Connecting to Yourself & Your Needs
“The only journey is the one within.”
~ Rainer Maria Rilke
The foundation for self-care is knowing who you are — knowing your needs, wants, wishes. Because in order to respond to our needs and innermost desires, it’s important to know what they are in the first place.
As such, here are 20 questions to help you delve deeper into the glorious abyss that is you.
- What does my ideal day look like?
- What have I not given myself permission to pursue? Why?
- What makes me super excited?
- What’s frustrating me right now?
- If I had an extra $100 to spend on myself every week, what would I do? (This is a great question from Alexandra’s post .)
- What’s one thing I’m deeply proud of — but would never put on my resume? (Another excellent question from Alexandra.)
- What thoughts keep me up at night?
- What’s the first thing I think of in the morning?
- Did I speak my truth today?
- What is my truth?
- What am I yearning to discover or learn more about?
- What do I want my past self — my child, teen or young adult self — to know?
- Do I agree with Irwin Yalom’s words: “If we climb high enough, we will reach a height from which tragedy ceases to look tragic”?
- Have my looks, weight or shape ever stopped me from living out a wish? Why?
- What areas in my life do I feel uncomfortable and comfortable?
- What is important to me?
- Who and what inspire me?
- Which one of my relatives am I most like?
- How do I feel about that?
- When I’m no longer on this earth, what do I want others to remember about me? (What’s the footprint I want to make?)
Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend!
Tartakovsky, M. (2014). 20 Questions for Connecting to Yourself & Your Needs. Psych Central. Retrieved on May 28, 2017, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/weightless/2014/07/20-questions-for-connecting-to-yourself-your-needs/