Every Monday features a tip, activity, inspiring quote or some other tidbit that helps boost your body image, whether directly or indirectly — and hopefully kick-starts the week on a positive note!
Got a tip for improving body image? Email me at mtartakovsky at gmail dot com, and I’ll be happy to feature it.
Rosie recently penned a beautiful post on exploring what feeds us. She writes: “What feeds your soul? Takes you to a place of satisfaction and the feeling of being well cared for… by you.”
For her it’s everything from belly laughs and honest conversations to reading and fresh fruit to loving others and feeling loved.
For me it’s:
- writing, journaling
- finding words that someone else wrote as though they were listening to my heart
- reading poetry and kids’ books
- bike rides with Brian and talks that connect us even closer
- morning walks with my mom
- family dinners
- challenging myself physically
- cherries, watermelon, apples, berries and bananas
- fresh-baked bread
- dark chocolate with a cup of green tea
- doodling in my sketchbook
- feeling heard, listening
- dancing, being silly
- spending an entire day outside
- spending time at bookshops and arts and crafts stores.
Rosie suggests creating a list of everything that nourishes us. She writes:
“Spill out everything that makes you feel content and abundant and sated. And then keep that list close; give yourself those gifts; nourish yourself and let it spill out of you like the nectar you have to offer.”
I love this idea. Create your own nourishing, sustaining, compassionate, delicious list. Then focus this week on gift-giving.
What feeds your soul? What nourishes you fully, deeply?