Last week we explored the things we like — and don’t like — on a daily basis. Continuing with the self-discovery theme, here are more questions to help you uncover your needs and nourish them.
Importantly, when you’re thinking about responding to your needs, remember that there’s a time for everything — a time to browse social media sites and a time to get outside, no computer, no phone.
- What would feel like a miracle right now?
- How can I give myself this miracle?
- What am I feeling right now?
- Who are the people I’d like to spend more (and less) time with?
- What kind of relationship would I like to have with myself?
- How can I nourish each of my needs this week or this month?
- What “should” statements are wearing me down? (As in I should wear this. I should weigh myself once a week. I should go out. I should say yes to this. I should say no to that.)
- What “should” can I drop right now, this instant?
- What soothes me?
- How can I make today more joyful for myself by adding or removing one small thing?
- What resources can I turn to — people, books, websites — that can help to support my self-care?
- If I loved myself unconditionally, how would I spend my days?
- How can I work with my natural rhythms?
- How can I give myself a genuine break today? (In other words, what does a relaxing break look like for me?)
- Our bodies are a miracle. How can I honor that today?