Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I wanted to share a bit more inspiration with you on giving thanks this week and year-round.
In her new book The Grateful Table, author Brenda Knight shares 365 beautiful blessings, musings and prayers to start every meal and really every day with a grateful heart.
These are some of my favorites:
- “Within the context of everything you do, pause — really slow down — and say thank you. Look the checker in the eye, take a breath, and say ‘thank you.’ Pause before a meal and give thanks to the farmers and the Earth and the animals or the Coca-Cola distributor who brought the food to your table. Say, ‘thank you.'” ~ Polly Campbell
- “In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy.” ~ Albert Clarke
- “Life is a great and wondrous mystery, and the only thing we know that we have for sure is what is right here right now. Don’t miss it.” ~ Leo Buscaglia
- “By saying grace, we release the Divine sparks in our food.” ~ Rabbi Herschel Schachter
- “Breath and life, and the opportunity to try. We cannot take these things for granted. If you have nothing more, you always have that.” ~ Alicia Keys
- “Eating is not merely a material pleasure. Eating well gives a spectacular joy to life and contributes immensely to good will and happy companionship. It is of great importance to the morale.” ~ Elsa Schiaparelli
- “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” ~ Thornton Wilder
- “Blessed art thou O Lord my God, King of the universe, who brings forth the bread from the earth.” ~ Jewish prayer
- “When your inner eyes open, you can find immense beauty hidden within the inconsequential details of daily life. When your inner ears open, you can hear the subtle, lovely music of the universe everywhere you go.” ~ Timothy Ray Miller
- “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.” ~ Maya Angelou
Whether you’re celebrating Thanksgiving Day or not, I hope you have a wonderful Thursday! Thank you sooo much for reading Weightless. I’m very grateful that you do.