Comments on
50 Phrases To Raise A Happy, Confident Kid

Raising happy, confident kids is the goal of most parents. Some parents struggle to find ways to talk with their children to promote happiness and confidence. I recommend using a combination of communication phrases that promote acceptance and develop a growth mindset.

Being accepted for who you are by your parent or parents, allows kids to feel safe enough to develop healthily and to thrive. Growth mindset helps kids try and learn new things, to persist, and also deal with difficulties in a more flexible way. Growth mindset is also important for thriving in life.

22 thoughts on “50 Phrases To Raise A Happy, Confident Kid

• January 8, 2018 at 1:09 pm

I love this! I still have a little while before I start having children, but I know that I want to raise them to be fully confident in who they are!

• January 8, 2018 at 4:23 pm

I love this!! I don’t give my Littles enough compliments! I will make an effort to do this! I may write one phrase on each day of the year. Or, dedicate a phrase for one week! Thank you so much for sharing! <3

• January 8, 2018 at 9:18 pm

Such a beautiful post! Love all of these suggestions! Thank you for sharing these šŸ™‚

• January 8, 2018 at 10:11 pm

These are so great! So important to remember to build our little ones up. I will def be adding some of these to my daily “love” sayings

• January 9, 2018 at 8:21 am

what a wonderful post and def something i need to do more often ha as i just posted how i was scared to hit publish on my post today because i yell often and need to realize my words affect my kids a lot. thanks for this friend!

• January 9, 2018 at 8:37 am

I love this list – so many of the statements / questions encourage kids to think about their progress and problem solve, encouraging them to keep going! Just what I want for my daughter!

• January 9, 2018 at 12:17 pm

It is so important to use these positive and uplifting phrases. There is so much negativity in the world. Our children AND adults need this type of reinforcement.

• January 9, 2018 at 12:41 pm

I love this so very much …. There is power in positivity and we should all express that to our children….

• January 9, 2018 at 4:51 pm

Beautiful things to say to a child. I say some of these pretty often and will definitely work on saying the others.

• January 9, 2018 at 6:34 pm

I really try and say lots of positive things to my kids. Thanks for sharing this list. I’ll be adding some to the rotationz

• January 9, 2018 at 10:04 pm

I love that all these phrases are positive. I use most of them already, but I learned some new ones to implement.

• January 10, 2018 at 7:49 am

I have really become more aware of the words I use with my kids. I try to make the statements as positive as I can, even the “negative ones”

• January 10, 2018 at 9:07 am

Thank you for this wonderful list. Regarding #36, loving the insides and outsides. While I was brushing my 7 yr. old granddaughter’s hair she told me she wanted to be beautiful. I replied, she is beautiful! And then went on to say that I love her on the outside and the inside. After a few moments of silence, she mentioned something about her blood and bones. When I realized that she was taking the word “inside” literally, we talked about another meaning for inside. That I also love the person that she is, not anything having to do with what is visible. She skipped out the door with a big grin on her face!

• January 10, 2018 at 12:33 pm

Every child is unique. This is the good way to develop their specialities. Thank for info.

• January 11, 2018 at 4:21 pm

I always try to be positive and encouraging. These list of phrases should be carefully practice saying to kids to make them feel their worth.

• January 12, 2018 at 8:03 am

This is such a great list. I want to start referring to this daily. Its so hard at times when lifes busy to think about the little things like this.