37 thoughts on “7 Quotes That Bring Instant Calm

• January 15, 2018 at 6:09 am

My favourites are “will this matter in 5 years” and, now, “done is better than perfect. I need to print these out and put them somewhere!

• January 15, 2018 at 6:49 pm

Thanks for sharing your favourites with me. Having them around you in a physical form can help you commit them to memory.

• January 15, 2018 at 7:48 am

This was exactly what I needed on a Monday morning to get myself into gear! Something to calm my thoughts and enter the work week on a positive note!

• January 15, 2018 at 9:09 am

These quotes are great. I definetely use #2 in my life!

• January 15, 2018 at 9:23 am

Yes – some days you have some negative mental ruts. Saying words of wisdom effect your feelings. So committing these to memory can only do good

• January 15, 2018 at 10:27 am

These are great reminders. I’d never thought about the shifts that occur in traffic as well. I have horrible anxiety when driving so I’ll be reaching for one of these tomorrow afternoon.

• January 15, 2018 at 6:48 pm

Great! I often use half of the Thich Nhat Hanh quote “conscious breathing is my anchor” in these situations.

• January 15, 2018 at 10:47 am

These are really great quotes! I need these on this snowy, chaotic Monday, thanks!

• January 15, 2018 at 10:52 am

I often ask myself if what I’m dealing with will matter in 5 years, 5 months, or even 5 hours. I like that quote and use it often. However, I’d never heard “Nature does not hurry but yet everything is accomplished.” ~ Lao Tzu. I really like that and your explanation. The beautiful things in life can and should happen without the rush and pressure we create. I think I’ll borrow this. Thanks!!

• January 15, 2018 at 11:00 am

Love these quotes. Number 3 is my favourite.

• January 15, 2018 at 5:04 pm

“Done is better than perfect.”
    SOOOO TRUE! These two should be my mantras 😀

• January 15, 2018 at 6:45 pm

Glad you got something out of the post. Having them as mantras can help. I often say “conscious breathing is my anchor” when I need to find calm.

• January 16, 2018 at 7:44 am

Oh, I LOVE these quotes! What a wonderful way to reflect and calm that inner storm. I’m a generally anxious person, so these are very applicable. The one that spoke to me today the most was: ”Will this matter five years from now? If yes, then do something about the situation. If no, then let it go.” Thanks for these important reminders. I’ve pinned them to keep them fresh 🙂

• January 16, 2018 at 8:42 am

Number two works for me every time! But there are some lovely quotes here

• January 16, 2018 at 9:03 am

Yaaassssss! #2 is EVERYTHING! So hard to think of “in the moment” but a good one to focus on for sure!

• January 16, 2018 at 4:11 pm

The last few days have been a bit stressful with the kids, so these sayings came at a good time. I do need to remember that these days go by fast and I won’t remember them a month from now.

• January 16, 2018 at 5:00 pm

Some of the best quotes can really speak to your heart and bring you back to center. Thanks for these quotes. Perfect!

• January 16, 2018 at 5:44 pm

These are really great quotes that help me see the bigger picture and keep things in perspective. It is good to take a step back sometimes. Thanks for putting these all together into a great resource.

• January 16, 2018 at 10:24 pm

“Better done than perfect” is like a saying I just heard, “Better done than none.” I really enjoy it. I think it is my new motto… At least for blogging. 🙂

• January 17, 2018 at 6:54 am

“Done is better than perfect” is something I have to repeat to myself all the time!

• January 17, 2018 at 8:05 am

Thank you for today’s moment of zen.

• January 17, 2018 at 8:26 am

PRAGMATIC and enables one to thing and connect themselves with reality. More chances it can get into Blood rather staying at eye level alone. What i mean is the chances of forgetting it slower unlike the other quotes that we come across in our way. Thanks

• January 17, 2018 at 9:52 am

“In the light of all eternity, what does this matter?” I learned this from a wise older coworker many years ago and it has gotten me through many tough moments. I love your article. I will be adding several of these quotes to my daily affirmations!

• January 17, 2018 at 12:41 pm

Words of wisdom… and thank you for posting them. This is the one that I always use and tell my son when troubled times are upon us: “This too shall pass,”and it always does leaving us wiser/stronger for the experience. Blessings to You!

• January 17, 2018 at 2:33 pm

The first quote about breathing is so true for me too. I recently found how helpful that is when my mind is running too fast. It slows me down and reminds me of the reality that I will be okay.

• January 19, 2018 at 2:27 pm

I find myself asking my husband to look at the big picture of things when choosing his battle with the kids. What will really matter when they are grown ups? These are great quotes! I shared on Facebook as well!

• January 20, 2018 at 8:16 am

Oh I love this post. I try always to live by the: Does it matter in 5 years from now quote. I think it’s a great way to find out what’s important and what’s not.

• April 13, 2018 at 11:23 am

Thank you very much for your quotes. it was indeed refreshing to my mind
    I love your quote especially #6. Also my all time favourite one ,”Emotions go up and down like a yo-yo, but Gods promises last forever”