8 thoughts on “Borderline Personality Disorder: Good Will Hugging

• August 25, 2012 at 3:59 am

Well said!!

My T and I –the A frame plus head on shoulder. love it

• August 25, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Thank You:)…Interesting post & enjoyed the various hug descriptions. i lean toward the quick, “Greeting” hug for family and close friends!

• August 31, 2012 at 9:21 am

Definitely the hug pat pat.

• September 3, 2012 at 11:36 am

Hi Sonia,

I myself go for the full body bear hug. I’m Irish
    so anything less feels insincere and cold. My T
    is a good hugger and I’m grateful for that.
    I live alone and dont have a lot of close friends
    so the contact from a good hug is essential.
    Thanks for the post. A good topic.

• October 22, 2012 at 12:51 am

The lonely hugs,because I feel cared about.

• February 27, 2013 at 10:26 pm

I wish my T was a hugger like those above! It would be nice to get a little oxytocin once in awhile. He’s very paranoid about his boundaries, even shrinks back a little when I put out my hand for a handshake. Other than that we have a good relationship–going on a year now. One time I said, “So when am I going to get a hug?” He replied, “When therapy is ended.” (very last session) Recently after an emotional meeting I threw caution to the wind. I spontaneously went to hug him and he reacted by standing as stiff as a board with his arms at his side. So I did kind of an “air hug” and circled him with my arms, while keeping a few inches away from touching him. It does kind of make me feel like a leper.

• July 3, 2014 at 11:56 pm

I am laughing so hard you can probably hear me all the way from Canada.
    I am finishing my DBT therapy and am also studying inorder tk become a DBT support worker.
    My T wont hug. She has set very clear boundries and of course i obsese about that, never going to be Hug.
    I even had a dream of one.
    You capture my Bpd thoughts so acuratly that i sit here in amazement!!!.
    I thought it was only me !!
    Thank you so so very much for your writings.