6 thoughts on “Borderline Emotional Anaphylactic Reaction: Mindfulness and Acceptance

• July 20, 2011 at 4:54 am

The bit at The end about happiness… is this the same for most borderlines? That they’ll never really be happy?

• July 20, 2011 at 8:07 am

It depends on your definition of happiness, Laura. No-one can really define it for you, except yourself.

• July 20, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Everyone has the capacity for happiness, not many people actually reach “true” happiness. I do not believe that Borderlines have less of a chance for this. It is hard work, but I believe that those with these problems can work through them just like anyone else. It’s about understanding the patterns we have a tendency to and then choosing something else. Choosing to be happy.

• July 21, 2011 at 8:13 am

Great post!,Sonia, Thank you. I am going to go back to your post from time to time when I feel myself ‘dying again’

• July 23, 2011 at 9:14 pm

This is a great post!
    I so appreciate the comparison of the internal experience to a bee sting and how each is responded to by others! I have the hardest time trying to convey the intensity of the internal experience and often end up so frustrated by trying to do that.

I don’t often get visibly upset. My rage is internal. However, I absolutly adore the idea of repairing with gold. What a beautiful idea! Thank you for the quote from Barbara Bloom.

• July 31, 2011 at 10:28 am

as a person with both an epi-pen for bee stings and DBT and therapy for BPD this hits home!! thank you! Laura, if you happen to see this comment- MY BPD brain has my happiness level beyond what is realistic- so by knowing that all the ducks WON’T line up for me and that I need to find my happiness on a smaller scale makes life a bit more happy.