Sometimes being creative is hard.
What? Isn’t “being creative” something that’s supposed to come naturally?
Well, sure, but lots of things that are supposed to come naturally get clogged and need a little help every now and then. Walking comes naturally but sometimes we get tired. Talking comes naturally but sometimes we aren’t sure what to say. Eating comes naturally but sometimes we aren’t really in the mood for anything.
Sometimes things that come naturally get so clogged that we need a break. That’s also natural, and normal, and healthy.
During those breaks — and even during actively creative times — we can remind ourselves of a few things to nurture our creativity and keep those juices flowing.
Try incorporating some of these creativity affirmations into your daily life.
- My creativity flows into all areas of my life.
- So much of my life inspires me to create.
- My creative expression is my gift to the world.
- Being creative is one of the best parts of my life.
- My life inspires my creative expressions.
- I give myself room to be as creative as my soul desires.
- My imagination has free reign; I do not limit it.
- I am naturally artistic and enjoy fostering my gifts.
- Sharing my creative endeavors with others is exciting.
- My creations represent what my soul wants to say to the world.
- My inspirations bring me confidence, and I am confident in my creations.
- I will always be creative.
Do you have an affirmation, or something you remind yourself, when you’re feeling less than creative? Is there something specific you say or do that gets you “unclogged”?