6 thoughts on “How to Instantly Relieve Anxiety

• November 8, 2015 at 5:09 pm

How great that deep breathing brought relief for your recent feelings of anxiety. I respect that you’ve struggled with schizophrenia for so many years, and are using what you know (and what you are still learning each day) to share with and help others. Great article!

• November 10, 2015 at 2:34 pm

It is so important to have a guide to relieve stress/anxiety quickly. We are in a time now where things need to work quickly or we abandon them as an option. Things need to be quicker paced and quicker results. Unhealthy patterns build very quick and are more difficult to break. Thank you for sharing this post.

• November 11, 2015 at 10:49 am

It isn’t quite instantaneous, but my friend has been struggling with panic attacks, usually overnight, for years.
    Someone suggested that she give up on all those lovely foods that have nitrates in them: Bacon, ham, and alcohol.
    Her palpitations quit almost immediately and she admitted the other day that she had slept all night.
    She wasn’t happy about giving up her daily glass of wine or beer, nor her extra crispy bacon, only on occasion, for breakfast. But she can have a little bit of wine and that is enough.

I’m really happy for her because she’s been on Klonopin for years and I had heard that medication alone wouldn’t cure panic attacks.
    She’s one of the most compassionate but firm people I’ve ever met and she takes on too much so she almost has a reason for those attacks. I’m glad they are over.

• November 11, 2015 at 3:51 pm

I’ve also been amazed at how deep breathing, and mindfulness…..just paying attention to breathing at that moment, can have such a positive effect. Glad you realize it too!

• November 11, 2015 at 6:21 pm

Deep breathing is a wonderful medication for anxiety stress panic and many other disorders. One way I practice my calming by deep breathing is…..
    Breathe in deeply for 4 seconds then let it out slowly to relax for 4 seconds, repeat a few times it wont take long till you feel calmer.

• November 12, 2015 at 9:37 pm

Thanks for reminding me about deep breathing, it’s just what I needed now.