8 thoughts on “A Quiz to Help You Uncover Your Level of Anxiety

• March 20, 2013 at 11:14 am

Self care mentions exercise, but I would highlight it. When you are “stewing,” stuck, unable to move one, I really believe that getting outside and walking (or running or anything where you get moving) can short circuit the immediate “closed loop” of thinking about X, which leads to anxiety, which leads to more unproductive obsessing about X….

• March 20, 2013 at 1:30 pm

This quiz isn’t very accurate. I scored a fourteen but have hardly any anxiety. Numbers five and six are misleading- those can be symptoms of almost anything, including Depression and ADHD. Being unable to relax can just be a part of being overstressed.

• March 20, 2013 at 7:03 pm

I like this questionnaire. My score was 20. I thought question 7 was hard to answer because everybody could have a different opinion what they considered awful.

• March 30, 2013 at 4:47 pm

I scored 18, not bad considering that I take a variety of pills for GAD and nervous depression, lol.
    What I really wanted to say is that I take issue with Raye who, it would seem, has never struggled with severe, crippling anxiety. If he/she had, the validity of this measure would not have been questioned.

• April 27, 2013 at 11:29 pm

RAn across your test and loved it , because it gauges my level of anxiety a d gives me some benchmarks from where to start , all the comments have been very helpful specially the exercise one , we take for granted the simple act of moving and breathing , it’s soo powerful And also ofocurse all the techniques that you give on here are awesome thank you for sharing , and helping us all with this crippling issue , which for me has been lately affecting me sooo much , and thanks for this forum , I’ll keep reading some of the wonderful subjects ,p

P.s. sorry for the long winded response 🙂

• May 4, 2013 at 4:24 am

I recommend to use this tool; tried it myself and it makes sense! Will include it in my coaching with those who endlessly say they are actively searching for Mr./Ms. Perfect but actually avoiding it due to their fears and anxieties: loss of control, intimacy difficulty, repeating parents’ mistakes and so on. The ‘Strategies to Take Action’ are very valuable. Thanks!
    Dr. Joe

• September 10, 2015 at 3:26 pm

I’m South-African and suffered traumatic brain injury.I had to train my brain all the automatic responses,and it’s a battle everday.Anxiety is my biggest enemy,but the positive thinking and breathing exicises helped my alot,