Comments on
Food and Mood: Losing 100 Pounds!

But after three weeks my blood sugar levels evened out and after five, my (bad) cholesterol levels had dropped 72 points! My cholesterol ratio also stabilized and my blood pressure plummeted to 120 over 80—where it’s been ever since. Oh, did I mention? I lost over 100 pounds in just five months (hey, I’m a big guy—a former athlete). And except for the first couple of weeks, I was never irritable or hungry.

8 thoughts on “Food and Mood: Losing 100 Pounds!

• May 6, 2010 at 5:19 pm

Hi Richard! I’d love to find out more about *tasty* healthy recipes…do you have any links you could recommend? I’m slowly incorporating more raw and green foods into my diet and it can be a challenge to make something that actually tastes like food…

Thanks for the awesome article!

• May 6, 2010 at 5:42 pm

@blogmanager

Check out our newsletter. There are great recipes in last column. I know because I got to test-taste them.

and

http://richardzwolinski.com/zwolinskisite/Newsletters/newsletter1.html and look for Part 2 of this article coming soon.

Also, Google Raw foods, Living Foods, Macrobiotics, etc. (try http://www.rawfoods.com if it isn’t too far out for you).

I have it easy, I don’t do most of the cooking around here. Or the uncooking, either. 🙂

Remember: No one diet and no one food is right for everyone, no matter what “they” tell you. Many, many people do well on primarily cooked foods. Some people do great on meat and potatoes. I personally do better when I eat more vegetables.

• May 7, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Yasher koach. That’s no mean feat. Keep moving, and continued success.

• May 9, 2010 at 3:05 am

Recommended books:

The Easy Weight to Lose Weight by Allen Carr

Eating the Moment by Pavel Somov

It’s important to get this one right and these books can really help.

• May 9, 2010 at 3:09 am

Can I add a third?

Sugar Blues by William Dufty.

This is a seriously scary account of the dangers of sugar consumption. I must admit I haven’t given up completely as recommmened, partly because it is so difficult to do so, but I do think that his thesis is basically correct.

• May 9, 2010 at 2:04 pm

We own this book and have read it more than once. Good recommendation.

• May 9, 2010 at 8:06 am

And congratulations for achieving Book of the Month status on PC for Therapy Revolution.

Very well deserved.

• May 9, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Thank you!

The discussion section is closed to new comments for this blog.