Comments on
Introducing The Gluten-Free Challenge

Can going gluten-free relieve digestive problems, anxiety, and even depression? Try Therapy Soup’s Gluten-Free Challenge with guest nutritionist Trudy Scott.

9 thoughts on “Introducing The Gluten-Free Challenge

• November 5, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Ah, but were it that easy. Hope this doesn’t put psychologists out of work! Best of luck…

• November 12, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Hi Michelle
      This is something wonderful for psychologists to incorporate into their programs for even better results.

I actually do trainings for mental health professionals (through PESI – here is one I’m doing in California this week http://www.everywomanover29.com/blog/antianxiety-food-solution-seminars-in-ca/) and so many are finding that addressing the food component is so beneficial.

I also see a big interest in folks wanting to study nutrition and think the therapist-nutritionist combination is fabulous. I have a number of colleagues who are both therapists and nutritionists and it works so well.

Trudy

• November 5, 2012 at 10:35 pm

How does one join the challenge?

• November 6, 2012 at 2:22 am

I am very interested in participating in the challenge but don’t see a link to the challenge instructions or how we join.
    Please advise!

• November 6, 2012 at 10:01 am

@ commenters
      Thanks for your interest in this Gluten-free Challenge!
      To join the challenge: What we’re going to do over the next week is give you the information you’ll need to start eliminating gluten from your diet. We’ll also show you how to keep track of your moods and/or symptoms, as well as keep track of the foods you eat. We’ll give you menu suggestions, too.
      Just keep reading for information on how to proceed-Trudy, C.R. and I are going to keep the challenge as simple as possible.

• November 6, 2012 at 10:44 am

Thank you. I’ll make Therapy Soup my main page so I won’t miss a thing!

• November 7, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Have a friend who has been on a gluten free diet for over 3 years. She is healthier, and happier and she said that she also had to make changes to the people she hung around with because you need positive people to feel better. She reads books on self improvement and is taking steps to better her life. I stopped hanging out w/her because I’m depressed and she would just push me out and that would make me more depressed so what can I start eating or doing to begin my gluten free journey.

• November 12, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Hi
      It may just be that gluten is a component in your depression too. Keep reading and following the blog – we’re going to give you step b step instructions! Please let us know how you’re doing.
      Thanks
      Trudy

• November 12, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Wonderful to be a part of this! thanks for inviting me to participate Richard and CR!

It’s so important for folks to be aware that this may be one of the puzzle pieces that are part of their mood issues

Trudy