7 thoughts on “50 Calm-Down Techniques to Try with Kids

• September 22, 2016 at 3:05 pm

These are good strategies for younger children. I’d love to see a set of strategies geared for teenagers.

• October 5, 2016 at 6:32 pm

When my children were in their pre-teens and they started fighting for whatever reason, I would make them go outside and run around our house. It seemed to work. They’d come back in giggling & would forget what they were fighting about.

• November 2, 2017 at 5:14 pm

Hi Thanks so much for such a good range of strategies. I work in schools and am always trying to help and support kids with self regaulation.

• February 6, 2018 at 5:59 pm

What a wonderful list!! I have always known that singing outloud helped me keep my cool as a mom, I just never knew why!

• February 18, 2018 at 6:38 am

Interesting read! I often use many of these as self regulation tools with the kids I teach. Keep up the good work!

• April 20, 2018 at 8:32 am

Brilliant list. I am an OT working with kids. I will soon start working at a psych hospital for kids. These are just fantastic ideas to use in therapy. Thank you

• September 18, 2018 at 6:50 pm

These are great ideas, and although my son is going to be 17 in 11 days i think i will try them. I love child activities those are the ones that are the most fun and maybe we have not had a lot of fun in our house lately and he may need it. Thank you for the reminder to be like a child sometimes is the best stress exercise any one can get.