6 thoughts on “11 Superpowers of Highly Sensitive Children

• May 18, 2016 at 10:12 am

Reassuring thank you

• May 19, 2016 at 12:40 pm

As a highly sensitive child/adult I have had the pleasure of giving birth to a highysensitive child, now herself a grown child of 24yrs. Raising her gave new insight to raising and appreciating me. The challenges we face with the ever present and stimulated sensitivities charged to overload 24/7 can at times be daunting and fatiquing. But the intensity of a life lived in appreciation of our abilities to receive the onslaught of emotional data compares to none else. I am accepting of the dramatic range in my life, it’s all I know. I hope that I I can channel my daughter’s reception ‘of her gifts as just that – gifts,to be appreciated and respected, earlier then my own experience. Which as an uninformed young empath found me embued in fear; resorting to externals like abusing alcohol or spending too much money on ‘things’, in attempt to alleviate the resulting anxieties produced by both the cause and the cure. How fortunate are we both to have access to forums such as this to validate US. T

• May 22, 2016 at 12:43 am

I finally read one of your blogs!
    The Eleven superpowers of highly sensitive children! I loved it!
    Right on!!!
    Thank you.

• May 31, 2016 at 7:39 pm

I absolutely love this post. I started it reading it to get some pointers on working with highly sensitive students, but as I read on, I began to see myself in each of the descriptions. As someone who is almost middle-aged, this was very interesting, accurate, and very helpful to read. We sensitive people can sometimes have a hard time seeing these attributes as strengths, but you did a great job putting things in perspective. Well done!

• September 20, 2016 at 5:58 am

Yep and still one of them at the age of 71..Just in case some of my comments on here imply I’m really all growed up..
    Long live the Peter Pan complex…I need it..Its gonna take me for ever to learn to manage a key board…lol

• August 1, 2017 at 5:43 pm

Yes! Your emotions are nothing to be afraid of…thanks so much for writing this post.