Comments on
26 Phrases to Calm an Angry Child

26 Phrases to Calm an Angry Child - GoZen!

Whether your child has a slow-burning fuse or explodes like a firecracker at the slightest provocation, every child can benefit from anger management skills. As parents, we lay the foundation for this skill set by governing our own emotions in the face an angry outburst.

6 thoughts on “26 Phrases to Calm an Angry Child

• May 13, 2016 at 8:29 am

These are great! Do you have other phrases geared more toward the pre-teen set? Elmo brushing his teeth first is more likely to get eye-rolls in our house ?

• May 31, 2016 at 11:33 pm

Hi,just read a couple of your suggestions on what to say 2 an angry child, also the highly sensitive child. I found both to be so positive compared to when I was raising my 2.I really wish this positive area of expertise existed then. My son is soon to b 33, my daughter 29. She has 3 little ones a 5yr, 3yr, and a 14mo old. She definitely tries her best w patience but @ those ages,involving all of them in their own activities as well as some together it can get exhaustive. I shared ur article on What to say to an angry child. I’m hoping it will help her as well to see situations differently. Ty very much.

• January 28, 2017 at 11:26 am

What is a good way to handle a 8 year-old child’s fear of clowns that have been on the News in the past months

• April 13, 2017 at 5:10 am

This is more aptly titled: ”How to not be a total jerk to your kid”.

• August 1, 2017 at 10:39 am

Oh, these are wonderful!

I knew that you are supposed to stay calm, understand that they often are scared by their emotions themselves and rather look for a solution together. And when I manage to do it, my son (3,5 yo) responds well and calms down faster. But in some cases, I simply didn’t know how to do it better.

This is basically a system to fall back on when you (the parent) are angry and can’t think straight.

I think I need to read this a couple of more times 🙂

Thank you so much, Renee. Pinning it and can’t wait to spread the word.

• August 3, 2017 at 6:41 pm

Hi its dr Sudesh, really these are wonderful techniques shared by you. Any person need to become a positive n smiling person like you before he apply these tech. Thanks for sharing this but you have also increased our desires want to know n learn more from you… How to manage emotional problems. Thanks again