7 thoughts on “4 Jedi Mind(fulness) Tricks to Help an Anxious Child

• January 18, 2016 at 7:50 pm

I love this! When I was a kid, it helped me to deal with anger to think to remember that anger and hate lead to the dark side.

And honestly, I am an adult now. and I still find it is a great idea to live by.

• January 18, 2016 at 9:05 pm

This article has impacted me so much personally and professionally. It gives me a great new perspective to use with clients. Even better, a way to help my daughter deal with her anxiety and for me to deal with my feelings about her. Thank you so much for making such a difference!

• January 19, 2016 at 9:08 am

Fantastic piece that I will share. Thanks.

• January 19, 2016 at 2:37 pm

Well said! This is such a great way to share and practice mindfulness with kids…and ourselves! Sharing this!

• January 24, 2016 at 1:37 pm

I’m a bit older, Star Wars came out when I was in my mid 20s. What I used came from Star Trek, “I am a Vulcan. There is no pain.”

• February 7, 2016 at 6:19 pm

This takes such a foreign concept to kids and puts it in their language! I really love it and plan to use it with my students and my daughter to help them with their anxiety.

• July 17, 2016 at 2:03 am

Hola y buen día!
    Muy acertado tu estudio de star ware (1977) de hecho este proceso en Programación Neuro Lingüística (1979) se llama modelaje y es la base de esta ciencia neuronal, por eso es infuncional en niños que no han visto la película, porque al no conocerla no la pueden replicar. Pero pueden utilizar ot héroes. Superman oculto en alguien modesto y servicial, un gran magnate adinerado utilizando sus recursos económicos para ayudar a los demás como Batman, Alguien con habilidades físicas e intelectuales amigo de los indigentes como el llanero solitario con amigo indio.