Comments on
Forgiving Too Easily…

I’m notorious for giving people who have wronged me second, third, and sometimes even fourth chances to make things right and be involved in my life again.  I have been hurt by family members,

7 thoughts on “Forgiving Too Easily…

• February 23, 2016 at 9:01 pm

There wasn’t much you could have done as a kid you were helpless and unfortunately abusive parents take advantage of that.However, you are an adult now and can definitely learn to set boundaries with people who keep treating you bad. It’s hard but once you do it a few times guess what? The people who really care stick around and the ones who don’t stop calling you or talking to you but that’s ok because that’s what you want or need to learn to want.

• February 24, 2016 at 5:39 am

A high school classmate of mine says, “Doormats don’t get in the house.” I don’t know if he came up with it, or it’s a quote. What I do know is it’s a fantastic reminder when I need to disengage my over active brain, and listen to my heart!

• February 24, 2016 at 8:52 am

Easy forgiveness is a way to get around the unimaginable fear of anger, and the subsequent rejection that might entail. Families where Mom and Dad projected their anger where they could–their kids–instead of where it should have been directed it–their parents and other adults–create children petrified of their own anger.

• March 26, 2016 at 12:31 am

I struggle with this too–forgiving too easily. I agree with you that people that are truly sorry will say it with their mouth and show it with their actions. If they never show it, then they’re probably not sorry. I think it was part of our defense mechanism as children. We had to forgive often in order to cope with our situation.

• April 10, 2016 at 8:51 pm

This is an insightful, nicely written piece. Good job.

• April 26, 2016 at 12:13 am

Thank you!!

• March 19, 2019 at 2:55 pm

Hello, firstly I would like to thank you 🙏🏾 I know that I am not alone. I’m 27 and I suffered by the hands of my abusive mother physically and in every other way. I also didn’t have my father in my life so I was alone with a her it has done unimaginable damage to me and my everyday life. I have a child now, and now it’s more harder than ever. She hasn’t apologized and I left at 15 never allowed/been back since. Never told love you, hugs, kisses. Nothing positive…. I am going to seek help. Thank you.