8 thoughts on “Why True Loners Are Awesome – And Why You Thought They Weren’t

• October 10, 2017 at 8:11 pm

Sounds like an excellent book, Bella. I’ll have to pick it up. I sympathetically vibrate with all of this.
    The book title made me chuckle because I like to have a bit of fun with clerks, cashiers, and restaurant greeters. I always answer the latter’s question, “How many?” with, “I’m a party of one . . . and my party is all here!”
    Always gets at least a smile.

• October 13, 2017 at 5:36 pm

Thanks for the stand up for loners.. You truly ‘get it’ . My need for a lot of alone time in often misunderstood..

• October 13, 2017 at 6:50 pm

Thanks for the stand up for loners.. You truly ‘get it’ . My need for a lot of alone tccime in often misunderstood..

• October 14, 2017 at 1:55 am

Bella, I enjoyed this article you wrote, definitely a different take and one that I think is very authentic. Thank you!

• November 3, 2017 at 7:57 am

This book has been on my shelf since it came out. I’ve recommended it to others. Every time there is an incident on the news and the perpetrator is called a “loner”, I get angry. But it’s not surprising since I
    I’ve seen many therapists who think wanting to be alone is a problem. Thank you for letting others know about this awesome book.

• November 3, 2017 at 8:05 am

Belated thanks to Tillie, Stephan, and David C. Seems like this topic generates a fair amount of interest, so I put together this essay and 61 others on related themes in a new collection, Alone: The badass psychology of people who like being alone, https://www.amazon.com/dp/1978362277/?tag=wwwbelladepau-20. Anneli Rufus’s book was a great inspiration.

• October 7, 2019 at 1:27 am

Thank goodness someone wrote that. Now to get back to my solitude 🙂