11 thoughts on “10 Supposedly Quirky Behaviors of People Who Live Alone

• February 23, 2012 at 6:29 am

Wouldn’t it be even more weird to close the bathroom door if you knew you had the place to yourself?

• February 23, 2012 at 6:32 am

Ha! I think you are right.

• February 23, 2012 at 7:05 am

umm…. I found something on your list that I do …

“wearing comfortable, unfashionable clothes”

Why wear UNCOMFORTABLE clothes? Why waste any time at home being uncomfortable when you can be comfortable?

Is listening to the radio – eg. talkback – while you’re in bed something quirky? I’m sure many singles do it.

🙂

• February 23, 2012 at 11:48 am

All my married friends talk about changing into comfy clothes the minute they get home. Hardly seems like a “single thing” to me.

And, really, why would anyone close the bathroom door if there was no one else in the house and no chance someone would walk in? Very few of the doors inside my house are ever closed. It happens so rarely that my cats freak out a little when a door is closed.

Ok, so maybe that last thing is a little bit quirky.

• February 25, 2012 at 1:22 am

I close the laundry door ….. because I don’t want to be reminded of the ironing in there? Plus it’s just not a nice rom to look at …..

Plus I close the non-important doors when the airconditioner is on – also because the bathroom and laundry are colder because they have tiles plus it’s a waste to cool/warm up those rooms …. so there are exceptions to some statements and I’m sure some wouldn’t have even thought of these points before …..

fwiw et al …..

• February 25, 2012 at 1:23 am

I close the laundry door ….. because I don’t want to be reminded of the ironing in there!! Plus it’s just not a nice rom to look at …..

fwiw et al …..

• February 23, 2012 at 10:40 am

This reminds me of the assumptions I have heard from some “religious” people I know. They believe that because I am an atheist, I must have no boundaries, morals or ethics.
    Those “religious” people seem dependent upon the structure of their faith to keep them from acting out just as the coupled people consider their partner as the gatekeepers for their Ids.
    How quirky.

• February 24, 2012 at 7:38 am

I think if we all dig deeply enough we will find that single, or married, we all have our “quirks.” I will say that I started to worry about my mom, who was widowed a few years ago, because she started to talk to herself…..a lot. Then I had the rare opportunity to be alone in my house for five days, and during that time I had some of the best conversations I’ve ever had with myself (out loud)…..so I think living alone brings out different, and perhaps sometimes “quirky” behavior, especially for those of us usually surrounded by people.

• April 25, 2012 at 11:22 am

I have no urge to sing in the shower, though I do sing (and dance!) to the cats occasionally, who treat me with the contempt I doubtless deserve. I’ve had some work done on my house in the last couple of days and whilst I did my best to be personable, I made very little conversation other than “Would you like another cup of tea?” (I’m a Brit) but was deafened by the top volume singing and gossiping from the two guys doing the work. These were boys who, by the sound of it, lived with a girlfriend or with parents. They were lovely but very, very noisy!

• April 25, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Quirkiest thing I do sartorially living alone? Wearing nothing at all. But I’m not sure how strange that is given that I have friends and family that do the same thing. Well, almost nothing, right now I have socks on because my feet get cold.

I sing in the shower yes, but I also sing in all the other rooms too. And I’ve been known to dance around the living room singing because I can and I wish too. I too close the bathroom door when the AC is on to save energy but otherwise leave doors open.

Over all, there’s nothing all that quirky about how I live alone compared to when I lived with someone. In fact I had more quirks while living with others than I do now. Like hiding food and possessions. I don’t need to do that anymore because even my landlord doesn’t have keys to my front door. Okay, so maybe that’s quirky? Lol. But hey, after what I’ve been through, it makes sense that I’d have lingering trust issues.

“I find it hard to trust no only me but everyone around me, because of you, I am afraid…”

Not you the reader per say, but people in general. I’ve survived a trio of pathological stalkers, people I welcomed into my heart and life because they miss represented themselves. So, yeah, I have trust issues.

• November 14, 2013 at 5:08 am

lol, my friend said l was quirky as!!! hmmmm, so I looked it up. well cracker, l must be. l live alone, leave bather room door open too. talk to my self, sing loud even at work, so I can annoy people that annoy me. but, l don’t think being quirky is bad, as plain boring people, that bitch complain about how there life is going, constantly, complaining. now thay have problems…quirk, l am, and proud. lol.