6 thoughts on “Ten Things I Hope For As Someone Who Has Schizophrenia

• February 7, 2016 at 1:05 pm

I wish that they get full love and support from their family coupled with the right prescriptions for the right diagnosis. LOVE and CARE in a trusting envirinment is the answer.

• February 7, 2016 at 4:32 pm

That is a nice wish! I agree, medication, support and trust are key to recovery.

• February 7, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Dear Rebecca,
    No one can truly understand what it has been like for you in your experience with schizophrenia. My heart is with you. I would like to share a website that you may find helpful. And I hope you will be able to access videos from a psychiatrist named Dr. Bill Pettit (whether on You Tube, Vimeo, or at these sites mentioned) he talks about the cure for mental illness. I am a mental health nurse for over 30 years and I also see the benefit of sharing how the mind works with clients. This understanding changes people’s lives! Hope you get a chance to check out http://www.3pgc.org and http://www.threeprinciplesmovies.com to learn more. Don’t ever give up hope!

• February 9, 2016 at 11:32 pm

Thank you for reading my blog, leaving a comment, and sharing information! 🙂

• February 8, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Rebecca,

Thank you for sharing your list and I wish all the same for you ando more.. Personally for me is hoping my daughter who turned 20yrs old yesterday and diagnosed provisionally with schizophrenia and and changed last to schizo-affective disorder, depression and psychosis come to terms with her illness. ..She was assessed and diagnosed in 2010 and in denial ever since, she’s treatment resistant but clearly needs help..She’s tried meds and services uthra will discontinue soon after within weeks of treatment. She is very high functioning and never hospitalized nor any crisis episodes. . she had no point of reference and as an adult who is without threat to herself or others can I enforce or demand compliance. Our lives have since forever changed and clearly she is decompensating before my eyes daily, eating sleeping and living in bed 20yrs or more every day in her bedroom. ..I hope for her surrender, acceptance and service linkage time have some level of independence. what will happen to her if something happens to me is my biggest concern .. she only received one happy bday call from my mother and no other family member. ..not even her sister, my oldest daughter. ..It pains me everyday

• February 9, 2016 at 11:33 pm

I hope your daughter can get the treatment she needs. I’m glad she has your support.