8 thoughts on “The Mentally Ill As Advocates For Each Other

• January 23, 2016 at 12:12 pm

Completely agree. Although i’m not yet stable enough to go back to work, I do find I am often able to give advice and support others on social media.

I hope to be stable enough to venture out of the home to support those with mental illness too, at some point in the near future

• January 24, 2016 at 9:59 am

I hope you recover soon! Take care of yourself.

• January 23, 2016 at 11:45 pm

I will always speak for those who cannot

• January 24, 2016 at 9:59 am

That is fantastic! 🙂

• January 24, 2016 at 12:54 am

A POWERFUL article. I’m inspired to be a voice for change/compassion!!

• January 24, 2016 at 10:01 am

By writing, I try to remind myself that I need to have compassion and work toward change! I hope we can both make a difference!

• January 24, 2016 at 1:48 pm

Recovery for me took a long time…I had suicide tendencies which I nolonger have because I stuck it out, I think I had an episode of psychosis yesterday but with the love and support of my family I got through that, I suffered depression for years but now am on the road to recovery mainly I think because I took up exercise(walking half hour every day in the morning). i think you have to do what works for you but exercise worked for me. I still take my meds everyday religiously. That’s all folks.

• January 24, 2016 at 6:17 pm

I hope you can remain in recovery. I have had periods of psychosis that lasted six months – ugh! It can be a rough road. I am wishing the best for you!