9 thoughts on “5 Silver Linings After Narcissistic Abuse Recovery

• August 24, 2018 at 9:36 am

Excellent as always! We have nothing to be ashamed of.

• August 24, 2018 at 10:04 am

Thank you ! ❤️

• September 25, 2018 at 2:34 pm

That was spot on and JUST what I needed. Onwards and upwards!

• September 25, 2018 at 4:50 pm

So glad it was helpful! Yes, onwards and upwards!

• April 14, 2019 at 12:22 pm

It was wonderful to read those 5 superpowers which I had never realised I had so succinctly-like my whole life /values/what mattered most was finally creditted/acknowledged like a superb universal pat-on-the-back! This is from a 52 year old woman who has lived all her life through intuitive wisdom/empathy/compassion/authenticity/ownership/humility. Also with the absolute dichotomy of being still married to my soul-mate/fellow-iron-forger for nearly 30 years, yet now celebrate 3 years no contact with my seriously narcissistic/flying monkey siblings after my narcissistic mother’s funeral,having finally seen the using/manipulation/dismissal/invalidation/shaming/blaming and guilt. Thank you.

• April 14, 2019 at 12:34 pm

It was wonderful to read those 5 superpowers which I had never realised I had so succinctly-like my whole life /values/what mattered most was finally creditted/acknowledged like a superb universal pat-on-the-back! This is from a 52 year old woman who has lived all her life through intuitive wisdom/empathy/compassion/authenticity/ownership/humiity. Also with the absolute dichotomy of being still married to my soul-mate/fellow-iron-forger for nearly 30 years, yet now celebrate 3 years no contact with my seriously narcissistic/flying monkey siblings after my narcissistic mother’s funeral,having finally seen the using/manipulation/dismissal/invalidation/shaming/blaming and guilt. Thank you.

• April 14, 2019 at 2:04 pm

I am so glad the article was helpful to you.

• May 18, 2019 at 4:05 pm

Thank you all for the article and your comments. Very validating as I feel pretty good about going through the long journey of dealing with the PTSD fallout of not only being married to a narcissist but to a whole family of narcissists. I did not stand a hope in hell with them but have managed to claw myself out, for the most part, with therapy and knowledge of narcissist behaviour and the damage it does. The problem that I still have is regaining my personal and professional reputation after all the ridiculous lies my abusive ex (also my business partner) and his family spread and continue to spread about me. My relationship with my ex and his family have cost me everything yet he’s still the “victim”. How do I deal with this?

• May 21, 2019 at 10:31 pm

Thanks for your comments….I would highly recommend connecting with a trauma-informed therapist to help you address reconnecting with your self worth…it’s definitely a journey for most survivors…just know you have the capacity to enter a thriving chapter… best to you.