8 thoughts on “My Brain is Tired…Whatever That Means

• June 24, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Whether you get more tired from taking in information or putting it back out, depends on whether you’re an introvert or extrovert. Introverts get tired from putting stuff out there, cus it’s not as natural as quietly taking stuff in. So it uses more energy.
    And vice versa 🙂
    This blog us my new favorite thing. It ALMOST has home screen status.

• June 24, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Thank you so much, Heather! And coincidentally, one of my other blogs is called The Introverts Corner.

• June 27, 2011 at 7:09 pm

This is a perfect description of “my brain is tired”! I experience the same thing in the same way (that same physical sensation), and just a few days ago I was wondering about it too… what causes the “tired brain” feeling? I wonder if your brain runs low on glucose after all that work, but it has to be more than that.

• June 29, 2011 at 11:56 am

I think too much strain on brain is exhausting pronominal. After all brain is organ of body.If we use it too much that one tried.This natural process.If we take long walk our lag ache,suffer from pain.Only solution is take rest.

• June 29, 2011 at 2:26 pm

That’s what it feels like, Ramesh, but the brain isn’t a muscle so it seems it wouldn’t tire in the same way our legs do. Then again, perhaps neurons firing could be considered a physical action and that is fatiguing…

• November 29, 2011 at 2:01 pm

My opinion is that since the brain is composed of synapses, it becomes numb after extended use, the same way the skin “pressure detectors” work( after having a watch for a day you cant really feel the pressure on your wrist anymore). It has something with ion pumps in the synapse that after too much use becomes unbalance and cant “fire” anymore(synapses work with ion imbalance over their membrane).

• March 30, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Hello – I am the SAME. I am a Consultant and have had 25 years of report reading and writing and these days I dont want to bother anymore….I am also online reading foolishness. I think my issues are in part menopause related….

• September 5, 2014 at 3:30 am

wow i did not only find your article relatable but also funny in an amusing way. Why, I am experiencing the same dilemma, I don’t even know what to call it. Although I get the brain-tired feeling, I sometimes think it’s mostly because research or technical writing is no as much engaging as other form of writing that’w why my focus gets derailed every now and then and it’s hard to even get myself in a good condition to start. I always though it has to do with my lazy attitude. I’m still figuring it out that’s why i came across your article. It’s been quite some time since I’ve been seeking explanation and remedy for my problem. I was considering to see a life coach.mm