11 thoughts on “Four Steps to Rewire Your Brain With Conscious-Mind Action

• May 14, 2012 at 11:27 am

I can tell this is going to be difficult. It feels like the concepts turn my head inside out.

• May 21, 2012 at 9:20 am

Thanks for commenting, weindolo. Sometimes the feeling that something is turning our minds inside out can be an excellent sign of positive change. Thanks again for commenting!

• June 3, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Thanks for this – excellent exposition — nice reader comments.

FYI: I just linked it as related content to “Reframing Change for World Leaders,” #3 in the “What kind of world do YOU want?” series on my ADD-focused WordPress blog (where I introduce Jean Latting and Leading Consciously). I hope my readers will click over for your take on change.

Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, CMC, SCAC, MCC –
    (blogging at ADDandSoMuchMore and ADDerWorld – dot com!)
    “It takes a village to transform a world!”

• July 13, 2012 at 6:08 am

thanks brain for keeping us all alive and kicking but sorry for the pain and trouble u get in process of rewiring which is painful.

• July 21, 2012 at 6:27 am

I enjoyed reading your comment, susheel, thanking your brain for its work, and apologizing for some painful processes it needs to endure in processing pain. A lovely statement of compassion! Rest assured, our brains likely love the challenge – it (the subconscious mind) is likely more worried about our ability to get on board and ‘comfortable’ with what is painful but necessary to bring about our healing. Thanks again!

• June 25, 2014 at 5:29 pm

As a man thinks, so is he.

• June 26, 2014 at 12:21 am

Good information The steps are an active meditation in that they develop awareness.

• April 8, 2015 at 11:11 pm

I am intrigued at the thought of this process. As I have a difficult situation that I haven’t been able to explain to anyone but my husband. It has been happening for at least a decade I just don’t know how to bring it up. Would a family physician be able to help?

My subconscious performs actions similar to sleepwalking, usually late at night after I’ve gone to bed. fully awake and aware though I do not have any memory after once my conscious mind becomes “awake”.

Is it possible to train my subconscious mind to “shut off”? Without hypnosis?

• March 19, 2016 at 8:00 pm

Hi there,

I use similar process in my practice. It works for me and for my clients. And yes, even people with PTSD and bi-polar disorders get better.

• May 13, 2015 at 9:43 pm

“It has been scientifically shown that …..”

Source for these studies please.

• November 24, 2016 at 9:34 am

I have suffered from PTSD since early childhood and am now work with physically aggressive preschool aged children. I am able to separate their actions from who they are while I’m awake but have nightmares every night. I have been treated with EMDR which has been very successful until now. Does EMDR fit in to this treatment plan? I wonder if being put into these types of traumatic situations each day will get in the way of conscious-mind-action or if it would actually facilitate it?