10 thoughts on “Want More And Better Sex? Get Married And Stay Married.

• January 26, 2015 at 5:24 am

“Their study revealed that less than five percent of singles between the ages of 25 and 59 have sex two to three times a week, while a quarter of married folks are beating the single record five times over.”

25% of married couples have sex 10 – 15 times a week?!?

Or did you mean “…single record. That’s five times over?”

• January 28, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Thank you.

The idea that people who have been married a long time have more sex than most…duh. Convenient since a terrible sex life contributes to divorce so often.

So, what you said.

• January 28, 2015 at 6:48 pm

Marriage doesn’t guarantee safety from STDs if your spouse is a sexual compulsive who screws prostitutes and anonymous partners met online at every opportunity.

I had plenty of sex in my 28 year marriage; but as it turned out, what appeared to be monogamy and intimacy was in reality betrayal and detachment. Thankfully I did NOT pick up any STDs in my husband’s 10 years of cheating prior to my discovery of his sexual addiction.

I am now in my 50s, single, in a healthy, monogamous relationship. Making love is a truly intimate and rewarding experience because I have found a person who is trustworthy and genuine.

Marriage doesn’t guarantee healthy sex. An honest relationship between two people with integrity who respect one another results in healthy sex… whether the partners are married or not.

• February 1, 2015 at 9:49 pm

If both spouses are faithful to each other, then the likelihood of getting an STD is just about nil. Your case is an exception to the rule.

BTW, with the selfish and destructive “It’s my body and I’ll do with it what I want regardless of what others think” attitude that is so prevalent in modern society today, there shouldn’t be anything wrong with “betrayal and detachment” or “cheating” in any kind of relationship. Yet, these same self-righteous hypocrites would claim that something must be wrong with “cheating”, when a consistent application of the principle is… “It’s his body, and he can do with it what he want’s to — regardless of what the woman in this relationship thinks”.

• February 1, 2015 at 11:34 am

I’m a widow after a 30 year marriage. I can say that I was a helluva lot happier and content than I am now. My late husband and I literally finished growing up together (we were both 17 when we met and married at 20). We had the highest of highs and the lowest of lows TOGETHER.

• February 1, 2015 at 4:25 pm

been. Married 35 years and I am not buying this, at all. Sorry.

• February 1, 2015 at 11:26 pm

Your loss, then. All it takes is a meeting of the minds.

• February 18, 2015 at 7:15 am

Please be more mindful of the photos that you choose to represent stories on marriage and relationships. The photos chosen for such stories are overwhelmingly of a straight white couple (i.e., a man and a woman). If you haven’t noticed, there are two other combinations of married people (not to mention people in relationships), to wit, a man and a man, and a woman and a woman. This type of heterosexism reinforces the notion that “a man and a woman” is the only valid relationship. A photo of two men or two women to represent a story on marriage and relationships in general (i.e., not a story dealing specifically with homosexual couples) would not only be welcome but also reflect the real world. Being marginalized (and thereby stigmatized) is seriously starting to get old.

• June 21, 2015 at 8:23 am

I’m married 35 years and am a testament that the article as written is 100% correct. The only part I would differ is where it discusses married sex as lacking the newness and therefore ….may not be as exciting.
    My husband and I have regular – often daily, passionate, romantic sex. It is good sex, no, it is GREAT sex. We don’t stay locked into a routine either, after 35 years we continue to explore new positions, techniques, try new things. We’ve even discovered that my diminishing female hormones allow me to last longer before inorgasm than when I was younger. Some nights to my husband’s delight, I am even multi orgasmic. So at 58 yo, for the first time in my life I had 5 orgasms theoughout our 3 hour tryst. Now that doesn’t happen always, but we continue to explore new & excitng paths in our lovemaking.

We regularly, pretty much daily engage in what we’ve coined “verbal foreplay.” And modern technology has given us texting……offering the ability to send shivers up one’s spouses spine (or other body parts 😉 – perhaps even while in a meeting at work or some other location offering a feeling of “Tabu” (which is even more exciting) and all from few titilating and well chosen words ;-).
    True, we workout to stay attractive for each other. OR perhaps our sex life is so important to us that we workout? Not sure whether it’s the chicken or the egg ;-)! But one thing is certain, who needs to travel or buy fancy overpriced cars etc in their maturing years when hot sex is available on a daily basis with one’s spouse?!?
    The world is sorely mistaken if they think married sex is dull. As the article stated, my husband and I feel like we’ve won the lottery, often on a DAILY basis. And so we have. A long term committed healthy relationship WILL bring these benefits if the couple nurtures and maintains this area. We have, we do, and it is one passionate beautiful experience.