6 thoughts on “The Connection Between Mass Shooters and Malignant Narcissism, According to Psychologists

• November 11, 2018 at 7:10 am

Unfortunately as a female observing from the other side of the planet , such behaviour, leading up to such abhorrent violence appears to be made OK by the behaviour of the current US president. Rather than decrying such violence he seems incapable of not being able to speak up against it fro his heart but only from a script.

• November 13, 2018 at 11:47 am

I am a former AF medic during the Vietnam Conflict. Presently I am conducting a Psychosocial Autopsy on Ian David Long. I’ve also submitted an article to Brain Blogger that is pending publication which addresses the “toxic ingredients” that leads to this kind of violence. I conduct research on the impact of combat trauma.
      Very pertinent article!
      Rich, MSW

• November 14, 2018 at 9:37 am

Thank you for your insightful observation of the minds of mass shooters. I can only agree with the above statement about the nature of the president lacking empathy for any human tragedy (look at Puerto Rico, California wildfires, giving only to the very rich or racist and the list goes on). I would like to see studies of what makes a malignant narcissist and how psychologists may treat this. or not. As far as I know behavioral intervention is a tool but unlikely effective.

• November 15, 2018 at 11:06 am

Sum it all up as “Pure Evil, Me, Myself and I, others are damned for my pleasure.” Read the Satanic Bible and get it simple, uncomplicated this is why we have the death penalty. The reason Earth should never tolerate Nazi ideology.

• November 16, 2018 at 9:45 am

Either way you slice that messed up cookie… our society as a whole has totally become dependent on psychosis for EVERYTHING…. rather then take the blame for their own actions and own up to the consequences… I have lived 8 years with a Marine who was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenic with multi personality disorder and homicidal tendencies, …… He was a bomb tech in the core and LOVED his job to its entirety… It hasn’t been easy living with him and our three children, but I was raised with a Godly sense of morals and faith… It has let me see past the bullshit into his very core.. I was sent to him rather then our first meeting be a chance encounter, that much is very apparent. However I DO NOT BELIEVE that in so many years we as a nation have “lost” our faith and favoritism with our Creator simply because mental deficiencies have been to blame.. that’s a crock of horse manure… Simply because its a conscious choice as what you do, every min, of every day… We are left as a nation who shunned rejected God and every mention of His name in public… Within a decade, there were meds for every “disorder” known to man…. PATHETIC… As a direct result of our nation losing its faith and moral center that our GRANDPARENTS had, we are left with the EVIL that is in us all…. even me… DEAL WITH IT, BECAUSE WE ASKED FOR IT… MORE AND MORE THIS EVIL WILL SPREAD, INNOCENT PEOPLE WILL DIE AND SUFFER… It’s NOT going to get any better!!!! Plain and simple, we use mental status as a crutch everywhere you look in this fat, lazy, entitled, waste of a nation… BEWARE A NATION ON MEDICATION!!!! we did it, so let’s deal rather then hide behind a bullshit excuse… AMEN

• December 12, 2018 at 12:37 pm