11 thoughts on “12 Of The Most Common Lies Sociopaths And Narcissists Tell, Translated Into Truth

• September 5, 2018 at 8:58 am

Every single one of these! How did i buy into it? I feel all the pain I thought i had been finally getting past all over again. I hadn’t seen through quite all of the lies i guess. This realization just slapped me in the face. I have more work to do.

• September 7, 2018 at 2:19 am

Wow. This is spot-on. I tried to leave him twice already (we don’t live together) but he reeled me back in each time. He is oh-so charming and lovable…….at times. Other times he is rude, insensitive, uncaring and abusive. There are other women involved, an ex that is his “stalker” and 2 other women who he is “just friends” with. He won’t let me meet his adult kids and has no interest in meeting mine. This relationship is going nowhere so why do I stay? The great sex. Pretty pathetic on my part.

• September 9, 2018 at 12:25 am

Reading this is like the final crushing blow to the temple I needed so I stop trying to lie to myself. It has let me know that I’m not crazy and that to believe another word he says would be a huge disservice to myself and all of the people like Miss Arabi who have made it their mission to use their experience to inform others, like me.
    The only doubt that keeps creeping up on me has to do with the fact that I knew this man for over 30 years, was married to him for 20!!!! And, yet I had no idea……… how is that even possible??? I knew he was self-centered, and sometimes friends or family would mention that he seemed kind of selfish. I knew he had some issues he brought from childhood, so did I, so does just about everyone! But I NEVER, EVER would have imagined the person I knew since we were 14 years old was even capable of turning on me in this way. I hung on and tried to fix it over a few year but it just kept getting worse. And still, I never saw it coming….. one morning as the left for work he told me he had met someone….. he didnt come home that night or for many more nights after, he moved in with her and then spent the next 14 months doing and saying every single thing on this list (except for the moving or travelling alot). He nearly had me convinced it was all my fault and has kept me on the hook the whole time telling me he still loves me, misses me, I’m his soul mate, blah blah blah, all while sleeping with someone else. Wow! It’s hard to even admit that to myself.
    I really still find it so hard to believe he was ALWAYS THIS GUY, wondering if someone can develop into this person later in life, maybe gradually over a number of years?? Or if circumstances throughout ones life (father’s death, best friends death, etc) can allow for this to form in a person like a mental breakdown…? He likes to say he ‘snapped’ whenever he does give me the benefit of answering any of the million questions that fill my headl. I don’t know, I haven’t figured all that out yet….not sure I ever could or even want to….. not too eager to see what it’s really like inside of a mind like that one. Think my only hope is to sever my life from him completely and as quickly as possible. Thank you….M

• September 9, 2018 at 12:59 pm

Something HAS to be done to expose this abuse. We all write and write, and read as educate ourselves and our families- yet the court systems and anyone that is in that type of areana is still in the dark. How do we change this!?!? It’s time!

• September 10, 2018 at 6:24 am

I agree completely! I have mentioned to a xouple friends throughout this ordeal how mindboggling it is to think that there is virtually NOTHING I can do, NO consequence that can be threatened, NOTHING to put this behavior to a stop. I have no idea where ro begin on something like this tho….. anyone??

• September 10, 2018 at 11:15 am

How can we become large enough and cohesive enough to make this change, so the courts start paying attention?

My kids are suffering and I am suffering- and there is not a higher court or entity that I know of that is doing enough to make this known as abuse. I’m just one person raising my two littles and I barely have enough time for myself- I don’t even know where to begin to start a petition or law to change to have NPD recognized as it should be.

• September 10, 2018 at 8:38 am

I am completely familiar with all these lies. I realized that hubby was a narcissist a couple of years ago. The mental and emotional anguish was escalating for me by last fall; however, somewhere along the way in the last year I’ve begun to detach from him emotionally. My instinct for self preservation finally kicked in. Enough so that the last time he delivered his verbal abuse, I got angry instead of hurt. I believe he was aware of the difference, too, since he steered clear of me the rest of the afternoon. I downright hated him for about an hour or two. It actually felt liberating. When I hear another one of his lies, my attitude is “yeah, whatever.” He exhausted me of narcissistic supply a long time ago and I have chosen not to concern myself with him, what he does, who he spends time with, whether he eats lunch, etc, etc. He’s on his own. Not completely, mind you, since there are a lot of things I do automatically just to keep the peace. Like state a dissenting opinion. He’s not interested in what I have to say, anyway, so there’s no point in wasting my breath. We’ve been married for 34 years; on a narcissism scale of 1 to 5, I would put him at a solid 3. I am aware that things could have been so much worse. I don’t think he has ever been physically unfaithful (he’s been on BP meds for years) but the emotional infidelity hurt pretty bad. By detaching emotionally, I feel I am finally putting my needs first. I now enjoy my time alone when he’s gone all day and evening (and I have no idea where he is). I don’t think I can afford to leave and I don’t know where I’d go if I did. I have no close family, no kids, no real friends. As an introvert, I am fine with that on most days. I actually feel more at peace now than I have in a really long time. Thank you, everyone, for listening.

• September 19, 2018 at 6:06 pm

Yep, that sums up the person I live with right now. will the real man please stand up! Silence control behind the door, manipulation, oh & the womanizing, my mind is one I feel I am losing. Yesterday a mutual mate pick us up for a weekly pool game, prince charming was buying me drinks, all the while setting the stage for how he wants people to perceive the ending of our partnership. At the beginning he said he was a player, it was then I should have turned & ran. If ever I hear those words uttered again by another man, that is exactly what I will do. It is all about reading between the lines!

• September 24, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Another lie. ” I just want to be alone for the weekend.” Translates i am alone with someone else. It happened to me.

• September 24, 2018 at 7:20 pm

I will say I have been a victim of this. This person who was a friend of the family came to me with all this at my weakest point in my life I was taking care of my terminally ill father. At first I didn’t buy into it but then the charming caring part of it came into play and I believed him and almost ruined my marriage. He was so convincing that when he felt this was no longer serving him that I became the person he was and wanted to know why did he do this to me. He answer was he got really scared of the mental state I was in and scared for his family sorry he did all this. In the end he made me look like the crazy one when he was the one who approached me with all this i never had a taught in my mind about him. Very upsetting how I ruined myself and almost ruined my family over this not proud of myself.