10 thoughts on “5 Manipulative Stuck Points Narcissists Encourage In Their Victims To Keep Them Hooked

• April 18, 2020 at 8:46 pm

Wonderful article as per usual. Confirmation of everything I had experienced with these types. Thank goodness I am now free and have been for several years now. They were in my family of origin and those trauma bonds were so strong that it took me a long time to untangle myself. Thank you for your work in helping the survivors.

• August 15, 2020 at 9:04 am

I am so happy it was validating Sue! Thanks for reading!

• April 21, 2020 at 2:37 am

Brilliant article bringing much needed clarity in unhealthy thinking patterns, thank you so much.

• August 15, 2020 at 9:04 am

I am so glad it helped. Thanks for reading Jean!

• April 22, 2020 at 8:28 am

This was a refreshing insight and reminder of how the dark art of narcissistic behaviour is so dangerous and manipulative. Thank you for the time spent bringing clarity and counter inner talk to help combat and show how toxic and demeaning this abuse is. As a victim myself, everything you said here resonates deeply and this was extra validating for me because it shows the five main areas we are programmed in society, especially as women.

• April 22, 2020 at 12:12 pm

Amazing article! Extremely well written and informative. I loved the questions and answers at the end of each point. Thank you so much!

• August 15, 2020 at 9:04 am

I am so glad it was helpful! Thanks for reading Natasha!

• April 27, 2020 at 4:46 pm

This is such a brilliant article, absolutely relevant to the relationship I went through and then quit. The relationship was a minefield, walking on eggshells, walking a tightrope. For 18 years I was afraid of my partner. I had a big breakdown in 2015. While I was recovering, I suddenly saw that if my recovery was to continue, I’d have to leave my partner and go and live on my own. I was afraid to tell her in case there was another explosion, another meltdown, all that shrapnel and nuclear fall-out. But she was surprisingly reasonable, and accepted it. I found a one-bedroom flat not far away, moved in, and next morning was the first morning in 18 years that I’d woken up without fear. The fear is gone. I’m 73 years old, never felt better in my life. But I’m still researching what happened, it was so traumatic. Learning about people with narcissistic personality disorder has helped me a lot, and helped me realise that what I suffered was emotional and verbal abuse, and that it wasn’t my fault.

• July 26, 2020 at 4:18 am

Wow. You’re incredibly fortunate to get away congrats.

• August 15, 2020 at 9:03 am

Thanks for reading James! Sorry you went through this and glad you are now free!