13 thoughts on “Why Meeting Multiple Narcissists, Sociopaths and Psychopaths Is More Common Than You Think

• December 30, 2019 at 4:27 am

Fantastic article as always. Shahida Arabi is my go to resource when sharing info to my online support groups re predators and drafting my book on the topic.

• August 15, 2020 at 9:18 am

Thank you Nigel, I am honored and thank you for sharing with others! Glad this work has been helpful!

• December 30, 2019 at 4:30 am

So so good!

• December 31, 2019 at 8:07 am

Great article!

• August 15, 2020 at 9:18 am

Thanks for reading Kim!

• January 1, 2020 at 7:52 am

Wow! This is hands down the best article I have come across since my healing journey from narcissistic abuse began 3 years ago. Shahida Arabi you are everything I wish to be, all the goals and aspirations of mine you have accomplished to the highest degree. I applaud you for your work. Thank you.

• August 15, 2020 at 9:17 am

Thanks so much for your kind words Joanne! So glad it was helpful! 😀

• January 5, 2020 at 5:44 pm

wow thank you for this article. I’m a multipe victim; I can be naive and stupid at times but I don’t want to feel ashamed for being and remaining a good person. Thank you

• January 6, 2020 at 1:58 pm

Wow! What a fantastic, uplifting, and fabulous article placing the responsibility for bad behavior (pathological or not) squarely where it belongs: with the predator.

I believe the shame we so often feel is not our own shame but the predator’s shame projected onto us ((since he or she cannot feel or absorb it) and societies shame for both admiring and doing nothing to stop the predators they observe.

• August 15, 2020 at 9:16 am

Thank you for reading Charlie, so glad you liked it! And well said – the shame we feel does not belong to us, it belongs to the perpetrators.

• January 12, 2020 at 2:48 am

Great article. The Hallmark sign to watch out for is hot/cold treatment (intermittent good/bad per article). Anecdotal, but narcs/paths I’ve known all use read receipts on their phones as a manipulation tactic.

• August 15, 2020 at 9:15 am

Hi John, great point! They do use intermittent reinforcement a lot to manipulate and your example is a perfect illustration. Thanks for reading!

• June 14, 2020 at 9:08 pm

This is the best article on the subject that I’ve seen in a long time. I recognized myself immediately in the trauma repetition cycle. I would like to know, though, what exactly is the work we have to do on ourselves? What does it entail and how do we go about it? And how do we recognize the next narcissist who comes along? They all seem nice at the beginning, narcissistic or not.