6 thoughts on “The Problem of Evil Continues

• October 20, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Technically any deity that is all three outlined above plus was also the creator, I.e. responsible, for the universe in question, would be in trouble with the problem of evil. But the only sticking point is “omnibenevolent” – I can easily imagine an omni-everything evil entity. That, of course, would generate a “problem of good”, why do good things happen? Oh the fun.

• October 22, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Some years ago a rabbi wrote a book called, Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People? I didn’t read it, to be clear, but I read synopses, and his conclusion is that God is all good, but not all powerful.

I tend to agree. No one wants to consider God as good only some of the time – gross.

And the point of taking people out of the equation, as that page does, makes it more clear that this isn’t a reward/punishment thing for just people: it affects animals, too, who are never good…or bad…just purely innocent.

• November 11, 2016 at 10:13 am

Good and evil. They’re concepts that belong to serious mysticism, not hippies, not religions or the sciences which to me is stunningly obvious – the exception in my experience being some rare scientists who actually are objective and some of Judaism, for whose careful approaches to mysteries I have some respect.

My complaint (probably a rant) is you’re not really serious when you dip into the question of good, evil and God. You draw cartoons, nice, hehe (no truly, I like cartoons and their humour – thanks for the effort, truly yes, I mean that). You’re topical I guess and from it you earn a crust, that’s that, yet you have to mention good, evil and God. Your stereotype witch should probably make the simplistic view obvious enough. The reality of witches is another matter entirely. I’ve met many who claim to be witches and they’re obviously not – neither white, nor blue or yellow, whatever. Imho, time-wasters with problems. An actual witch I’ve never known except for the myths and ancient stories.

Powerful women, cunning women yes. I don’t mean politicians or those ‘highly placed’ but their type of power is an illusion, ie: take them out of their jobs or remove their dollars and where is their ‘power?’ It was an illusion. Women of power means to me something entirely different and personally I’ve known several.

But good, evil and God. A dude cuts off his hand with a saw. Bombs kill some kids.

• November 12, 2016 at 4:52 am

I am completely serious when I talk about good and evil, in this particular post.

And I think anyone can have a thoughtful insight or a revelation that might help with this problem. Cartoonists included.

• November 12, 2016 at 11:54 am

Thanks Donna, I broke my post as I mentioned, much of which was testing my writing style and should actually be deleted because I don’t want to get into what I was getting into, and should have. It was too serious, too obscure and had far too much to explain. Thanking you again for your cartoons.

• November 11, 2016 at 10:17 am

oops submitted before I edited or completed the post never mind…

If anyone actually give a rats about what I have to say, tell me.

The discussion section is closed to new comments for this blog.