7 thoughts on “The Biggest Secret of Being Thin

• June 3, 2016 at 12:09 pm

I’ve always been very thin and often thought that I loved food more than heavier people. I want to enjoy my food to the greatest extent possible and so I don’t waste my time (or calories) on food that I don’t really want. If I’m craving a cheesecake, there are no substitutions. I’ll turn down cake, cookies, and ice cream for weeks, until I get my hands on the cheesecake I crave. When I finally get what I want, I make it last by eating very slowly. I’m not waiting weeks for a particular food so it can be gone in a minute! Loving to eat and loving what I eat helps me stay thin.

• June 4, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Interesting, Susie.
      But I think you’re forgetting: most, if not many people find it almost impossible to “wait for weeks” to eat the food they crave. 🙂

• June 5, 2016 at 7:43 pm

I was thin all my life. In grade 12 I weighed 99 lbs. At 53 I am still reasonably thin – except that I have a stomach. I never thought about my weight or what I ate until my body began to change at 40. I rarely ate breakfast, but when I did it was huge. 3 eggs, 3 pancakes a double order of toast and a large glass of milk. But then I really didn’t need to eat for the rest of the day. I couldn’t possibly eat that now and expect to get away with it. My metabolism just isn’t the same as it was. I think it has more to do with genetics. My oldest daughter takes after her father’s side of the family and has to watch what she eats. My youngest is like me, can eat anything she wants and as much as she wants and at 21 years of age is lucky if she weighs 99 lbs.

• June 8, 2016 at 10:36 am

I’m having a similar experience. It seems to be a “welcome to perimenopause” gift. I did some reading on the subject and it seems as our bodies produce less estrogen, the body goes looking for it. If it can’t find it, it says to itself, “well, estrogen is produced in fat cells. I have an idea! Let’s make more fat cells! And just so we can find it easier, let’s put it all in one place: the abdomen.”

Makes me crazy.

• June 15, 2016 at 8:06 am

Lol. Too true. I love carbs – pasta, breads, sugars,cookies. I can hardly look at them anymore without my stomach bloating out. Sigh.

• June 6, 2016 at 2:43 am

This post is quite awesome!

• June 8, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Funny because it’s real. And it makes me want some ice cream, right now! Neither thin nor obese, but a true expert at gaining weight!

The discussion section is closed to new comments for this blog.