13 Ways to Jumpstart a Bad Kisser
My last cartoon was about dog love. That’s fine, but it’s also important that your people person learn to kiss, too. Tell him these ideas, or write them to him, or even sing them to him. (It’s better than showing him how lips lock.)
Learning to kiss is an ongoing project, if you are seeing multiple people. Or if you want your one true relationship to sing. It all begins with intent and inspiration. And these 13 quotations on the how and why of kissing guarantee that you will want to kiss some lucky person immediately.
- For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul. ~Judy Garland
- How did it happen that their lips came together? How does it happen that birds sing, that snow melts, that the rose unfolds, that the dawn whitens behind the stark shapes of trees on the quivering summit of the hill? A kiss, and all was said. ~Victor Hugo
- Loving is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry,
- Soul meets soul on lovers’ lips. ~Percy Bysshe Shelley
- A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point. That’s basic spelling that every woman ought to know. ~Mistinguett (Jeanne Bourgeois)
- Love’s first snow-drop, virgin kiss. ~Robert Burns
- Were kisses all the joys in bed,
One woman would another wed. ~William Shakespeare
- One day you will kiss a man you can’t breathe without, and find that breath is of little consequence. ~Karen Marie Moning
- The sunlight claps the earth And the moonbeams kiss the sea: What are all these kissings worth If thou kiss not me? ~ Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Their lips were four red roses on a stalk,
Which in their summer beauty kiss’d each other. ~Shakespeare.
- A pleasing trembling thrills through all my blood
Whene’er you touch me with your melting hand;
But when you kiss, oh! ’tis not to be spoke. ~Gildon.
- How she felt when he kissed her—like a tub of roses swimming in honey, cologne, nutmeg and blackberries. —Samuel Sullivan Cox
- Then I did the simplest thing in the world. I leaned down… and kissed him. And the world cracked open. ~Agnes de Mille
I have to say, I find these quotes a little…arousing. What do you think?
And if you write love letters, go here: 11 Ways to Sound Like a Great Lover.
My first book (chocolate) and my second book (dating) are still available! Get to see new cartoons right away by Liking me on Facebook . Share anywhere except Instagram and Pinterest, who don’t attribute correctly.
All Rights Reserved. Content including cartoon © Donna Barstow Cartoons 2017. Please contact for usage rights and fees for cartoons in any of your projects.
And get cracking on that great kiss. What has worked for you?
Next up: What happens after the kissing.
, . (2017). 13 Ways to Jumpstart a Bad Kisser. Psych Central. Retrieved on July 22, 2017, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/quick-fix/2017/02/13-ways-to-jumpstart-a-bad-kisser/