7 thoughts on “6 Reasons Women Are Too Busy

• April 9, 2014 at 10:58 pm

I have always been told i’m thoughtful and sometimes i notice myself being to pleasing of others. As soon as i left home i thought i needed to endure certain things to prove to others i could be on my own. Which lead to a not so happy year.

Now as a stay at home mom i do feel guilty for not working and only having minimal jobs around the house. My husband works 12 hr shifts the majority of the week and i know if i got a job it would pay for daycare. I’ve gotten myself to do things For myself instead of for everyone around me because i don’t want my children to think moms only cook and clean and serve everyone. It has helped some, but sometimes i wish there were some actual encouragement to be a better me.

• April 10, 2014 at 4:03 pm

I applaud you!You are so smart to practice being a good role model for your children. Thinking about this stuff is so important. We live in a world that doesn’t really encourage moms at all for doing such a tough job. For some reason, raising kids is just not given the respect and reverence such a noble job deserves. I suggest you log onto my other blog called wwww.stopgivingitaway.com. It is about the struggle that women feel with tending to their needs versus those of others. Another suggestion might be to get together with some other moms once a week and encourage each other over coffee. Everyone does better and feels better with support and encouragement!Thank you so much for sharing your insight and wisdom.

• April 10, 2014 at 9:40 pm

I had my child at age 27. My husband worked a rotating shift, so that he was either at work or sleeping. I worked full time at a very stressful job. I made good money but after paying for daycare and the mortgage, there wasn’t a whole lot of money left. I work in the healthcare field where the majority of employees are women. My boss at the time was a single career woman. She had no concept of how a child could affect your life. My child was hospitalized at age 3 with meningitis. She couldn’t understand why my husband couldn’t stay at the hospital instead of me. I was required to come back to work the day after my child was discharged. I had been ‘living’ in his hospital room for over a week and it would have been nice to have a day to recuperate. There is a great lack of compassion for a working mother in this country. We need people who are concerned about the mental health of the working mom, as I believe it makes a big difference in an employee’s attitude and productivity., which ultimately effects the bottom line.

• April 12, 2014 at 1:48 pm

I have no issue whatsoever with not “keeping up with the joneses”. I work. My spouse works. My spouse has his own business and several other outside interests that keep him away from home and he does not help with the domestic load at home, I do what I can but I have learned to just not get stressed about what doesn’t get done. It’s just not that important. We don’t have the tidiest house, but we do have a cleaning lady. This year I think I’m going to hire people to help with outside yard work, I don’t want to spend all my free time doing laundry and housework and then have to go outside and clean up too….it seems to be endless. I think people are hung up on social expectations of how their house should look, inside and out.
    I don’t judge others. If they want to judge me, that is ok, it’s really their issue not mine.
    I’m fine with me and that’s all that matters.
    I admire stay at home moms, I think it’s a lot tougher to stay at home and raise your kids than go out to work. At work I get to converse with adults, I get a break from my kids, I get coffee and lunch breaks, I can go to the bathroom freely and privately, and I get a paycheque! Kudos to stay at home parents!

• April 12, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Love, love, what your son said…I went through the work full-time, daycare, dinner, laundry, household duties, homework help, school volunteering, etc. Plus, my husband traveled a large percent of the time. What in the world was I thinking? I just crawled into a hole of despair of feeling like a failure. Now I am at home and surround myself with others who are also able to stay at home. We support each other, and realize that society will sure not be fixing the future of our children. I am lucky that I do not have to work. I must say, there are cultures who’s sole purpose is about family. They rally around each other, have sufficient funds in most respect. I feel the key is the support from their value of family. I often feel jealous of these groups of woman together, not appearing to be wanting things, but being together. I wish I could live a week in their environment

• February 3, 2019 at 3:38 am

Hmmm… I am a 64 year old divorced gent. Over the years having dated several women in the hope on meeting the right one. I noticed over and over how unecessarily busy many keep themself. It seems like a vicious cycle for many. Often i hear women complain how busy they are. It makes me cringe. I remember our Mum in times when technology was not around as it is today making life so much easier and wirh conviniences from one end to the other. My Morher had to manage 6 kids and also work part time. Ww as kids helped also and we still managed to have TIME OUT!
    So qhat are you Women complaininf about not havinf time? You have all the gadgets to make live easy for you and still complain! May be spend less time on your mobile phone or tablet might give you time in reality?
    I’d say much of it is self inflicted and or psychological. Deal with it! You have time…..

• February 4, 2019 at 11:28 am

Rainer,
      This is an interesting response. It reminds me of a time when I did a seminar on how to balance career and home to a room of 200 women and 1 man who was in his 60’s. He was the owner of the company and had no idea why we women needed support or help with this. The other 200 women found his response to be annoying as it was clear he didn’t have the same level of responsibilities. Two different worlds were being lived. His only responsibilities were going to work and going home. Someone else managed everything else for him in his life. Who do you think that was?
      Thanks for taking the time to write in.