You probably know the Grinch Who Stole Christmas.
Does this sound familiar?
Your aunt, your mom or your mother-in-law loses it because you didn’t bring your dish.
Leo Reynolds via Compfight
I once flipped out on a one-armed woman at Macy’s during the holiday rush.
Fear feels terrible. I would choose anger or happiness over fear any day.
Do you ever feel fearful? I bet you do. Sometimes people express feelings of fear with statements like: “I feel anxious,”
One of the common Giveaway Girl traits is rescuing. Author Melody Beattie lists a number of ways in which we try to rescue those around us:
- Doing something we really don’t want to do
- Saying yes when we mean no
- Doing something for others even though those individuals are capable and should do it on their own
- Meeting people’sneeds without being asked and before we’ve agreed to do so
- Doing more than our fair share of work after our help is requested
- Consistently giving more than we get back in a particular situation
- Thinking and/or speaking for others
- Suffering consequences for others
Does this sound like you?